Crash while playing FFXII for about 2 hours
Hello people, I have an issue with the emulator (I'm doing some more testing to see if I can get rid of it)

My pcsx2 is crashing at a constant rate of about 1 and half of gametime

this is what i'm seeing in the console

http://pastebin.com/m6e679953

Here's what happens just before the crash:

1. never does pcsx2 use more than 40% of the cpu power..90% of the time it's around 22%. when I'm about to crash and I can tell by the cpu usage going from normal 22-25% to 60%+

2. what triggers it seems to be something with the menu screen. I can definitly tell im about to crash when the menu screen just slows down drastically

3. If I'm in the menu screen, I just crash, however if I have time to get out of the menu screen and wait a few minutes, I start losing texture, text, and when the characters are about to disappear, i get a crash.

So far Ive been lucky and have been beside a save point so I didn't lose any gameplay time.

This might be due to the options microVU0/1 that I enabled in the cpu, so I disabled them and going to see if i still get a crash.

All the problems happen within 2 mins from game playing perfect to crash, so it's not instant crash.

Sponsored links

It's a GSdx memory leak bug, as indicated by the "m_merge is NULL" error (which basically means GSdx couldn't allocate texture ram enough to render the scene). If you have the "hidden" anti-alias feature enabled in GSdx then that's a sure cause. If you don't have it enabled, then it's something else with the GSdx hardware texture cache (which is known to be a bit leaky in rare cases).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
ya i just crashed again, but this time right after a scene (not a FMV), Ill try to see if I can disable the AA

Edit: I don't see an AA option, the only one is grayed out.
Hey I'm about to crash..when I press triangle to open the menu.
I'm getting alot of this
xxxxxxxxxxxxx force_update_se mode = 13 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
and alot of :

MaskOn/DenyBonePhysicalé┼é╠ò¿ù¥Åëè·ë╗:â{âXïÉæσ
MaskOn/DenyBonePhysicalé┼é╠ò¿ù¥Åëè·ë╗:â{âXÆå
MaskOn/DenyBonePhysicalé┼é╠ò¿ù¥Åëè·ë╗:â{âXż
MaskOn/DenyBonePhysicalé┼é╠ò¿ù¥Åëè·ë╗:â{âXæσ
MaskOn/DenyBonePhysicalé┼é╠ò¿ù¥Åëè·ë╗TongueCŵé┴ĵéΦ0
MaskOn/DenyBonePhysicalé┼é╠ò¿ù¥Åëè·ë╗TongueCŵé┴ĵéΦ1
MaskOn/DenyBonePhysicalé┼é╠ò¿ù¥Åëè·ë╗TongueCŵé┴ĵéΦ2
MaskOn/DenyBonePhysicalé┼é╠ò¿ù¥Åëè·ë╗TongueCŵé┴ĵéΦ3
MaskOn/DenyBonePhysicalé┼é╠ò¿ù¥Åëè·ë╗:â{âXïÉæσ
MaskOn/DenyBonePhysicalé┼é╠ò¿ù¥Åëè·ë╗:â{âXæσ
MaskOn/DenyBonePhysicalé┼é╠ò¿ù¥Åëè·ë╗TongueCŵé┴ĵéΦ0
MaskOn/DenyBonePhysicalé┼é╠ò¿ù¥Åëè·ë╗TongueCŵé┴ĵéΦ1
MaskOn/DenyBonePhysicalé┼é╠ò¿ù¥Åëè·ë╗TongueCŵé┴ĵéΦ2
MaskOn/DenyBonePhysicalé┼é╠ò¿ù¥Åëè·ë╗TongueCŵé┴ĵéΦ3
I can't go past a certain point now (The Barheim Passage) because I crash about 3 mins before I can get to the next save point. someone please help me

I tried to attempt to get to the savepoint 2 times now. Cant go any faster.