Crash with USB wheel in 1.7.0
I have a problem with 1.7.0. I tried different revisions (even since 1500 something), but i still have this problem when connecting a Thrustmaster Wheel. When i try to start a game it gives an error message in the console: GS Lookup CRC: 000000000, and the emulator just closes. I want to use the wheel with GT4, but the crash happens regardless of what game I open.
Is there a fix for that? Wheel works just fine with 1.6.0, but I'd like to use the 1.7.0 version, because it has the avx2 executable.

Sponsored links

AVX2 executable is just here because plugins have been merged into core.
if you use 1.6 with gsdx avx2, it'll be the same.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Just for the record, I had this exact same issue. For me, a Thrustmaster T300RS GT wheel. I'd tried to boot GT4 but it'd just crash instantly. I didn't know it was the AVX2 executable that caused it. Good ol' serendipity for me to see this thread lol
(11-16-2021, 12:00 PM)jesalvein Wrote: AVX2 executable is just here because plugins have been merged into core.
if you use 1.6 with gsdx avx2, it'll be the same.

I can't confirm that. The USB problem occurs with every 1.7 version, no matter if AVX or SSE4, no matter if 32 bit or 64 bit.

In version 1.6 the USB plugin also works with the AVX version.

In version 1.7 it crashes as soon as you set USB devices in the plugin. If you start the game first and then set the USB plugin, there is no crash and everything works fine.

I hope the problem will be solved soon, I would love to use the new version.
(03-08-2022, 12:17 AM)UnixRoot Wrote: I can't confirm that. The USB problem occurs with every 1.7 version, no matter if AVX or SSE4, no matter if 32 bit or 64 bit.

In version 1.6 the USB plugin also works with the AVX version.

In version 1.7 it crashes as soon as you set USB devices in the plugin. If you start the game first and then set the USB plugin, there is no crash and everything works fine.

I hope the problem will be solved soon, I would love to use the new version.

probably won't since there are no plugins anymore
(03-08-2022, 12:32 AM)jesalvein Wrote: probably won't since there are no plugins anymore

So this will not be fixed?  

I thought 1.7 has the functionality of the former Qemu USB plugin built-in? The GUI is the same and it works exactly like the old plugin. 

The thing is, it only works one single time if you configure it while the game is already running. At the next start the emulator crashes with the same USB configuration.
maybe. but this has nothing to do with the avx2 executable
(03-08-2022, 07:24 AM)jesalvein Wrote: maybe. but this has nothing to do with the avx2 executable

Unlike you, I never claimed that. But you claimed at the top of the thread that it is because of the AVX and now you say the opposite. 

Do you also have something useful to contribute, or are you just trying to bring your post counter towards 30.000? Have you even tried the USB functionality yourself, to recreate the error?
(03-08-2022, 09:46 AM)UnixRoot Wrote: Unlike you, I never claimed that. But you claimed at the top of the thread that it is because of the AVX and now you say the opposite. 
no, i was referring to the OP.
Quote:Do you also have something useful to contribute, or are you just trying to bring your post counter towards 30.000? Have you even tried the USB functionality yourself, to recreate the error?
Of course i did. but not with that particular wheel since i don't have one.
(03-08-2022, 09:54 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Of course i did. but not with that particular wheel since i don't have one.

You don't need a wheel to reproduce the problem. As soon as you configure anything inside of the USB "plugin", the emulator crashes without an error when launching a game.

It doesn't crash when the game is already running and you configure the USB settings afterwards.

Could it maybe have something to do with reading the ini file? I think it's easily fixable, it works while the game is running and only crashes while initializing the already configured USB "plugin".