Crashes between cut scenes.
I think this is exactly the same problem somebody of the regular forum members had. I don't know if it got solved. Can you please watch RAM usage while you switch renderers (F9)? And maybe make a RAM test.

Disabling automatic gamefixes should solve your problem. There is a 'switch to SW renderer for videos'-gamefix automatically enabled. So every time you enter or leave cutscenes the emulator switches the renderer. Why pcsx2 crashes wile doing so is unclear to me...

Sponsored links

It keeps crashing at the same part, it has gone from chapter title screen to game and then to cut scene before with little to no problems. How can I find out if it's something wrong with the game itself.
I don't think that this is a game issue... but I am not sure.

You can try the skip fmv hack under manual gamefixes. Like that you will skip all cutscenes.

What about your ram? How is ram usage during switching?
The ram stays at the same from game boot up until crash.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What about your CPU usage ? Do you notice any strange behavior ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
While the game is running the CPU usage is between 34 and 55 percent. when the screen goes to black when it crashes the CPU drops to between 9 and 15 percent.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I don't know what this problem is. I think one would need a dev to clarify what could happen between (fast) SW/HW switches.

You still are using the automatic gamefix for sw switching. Have you really tried disabling automatic gamefixes?