Crashes between cut scenes.
Yeah that CPU is nowhere near fast enough for most PS2 games. Basically only 2d ones.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

What is the current state? Do you want to fix crashes or slowdowns?

As already said this cpu is weak. Depending on your standards you might get something 'playable' but probably not 'enjoyable' with optimized settings.
I just want to finish the game. I can deal with slow down, but the game ran fine until I got to the third chapter of Rule of Rose which was a good two to three hours of game play. So if I can take care of the crashes that would be nice.
Then please try to reproduce the crash.
After the crash happened search for the emulog (emulog.txt) in the \logs\-folder either in your program root directory (eg C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2) or in \my documentes\pcsx2.

Attach the emulog to your next post or copy its content here.
emulog

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 4,94 KB / Downloads: 251)
Please post a screenshot of your speedhacks section settings of pcsx2.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Can you please try if you can reproduce the same crash when you press F9 several times? Please test once with one hit per second and once very rapidly. While you test this please stay at a typical place in-game (not in menu's).
What if you disable wide-screen hack ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Here is the speed hacks section. I'll try the other things right now.

Hitting F9 once every second didn't do anything, but hitting it repeatedly crashed the emulator again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

try disabling the automatic game fixes and try the game. ( not sure, might be a worth a try according to my hypothesis.)
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction