Crashes while configuring the Controller plugin
(02-27-2011, 06:20 PM)Saiki Wrote: yes. and go through "configure" there as well

Hm.. I don't know. Everything seems to be working fine there.
Do you have a controller as well? If so, are the analog joysticks touch sensitive?

Sponsored links

I have a PC pad, and yes, mine are a bit touchy as well
@Mikedg18, I'm not sure now about what you are calling touch sensitive actually means "pressure sensitive". Although PS2 can recognize the last, Windows can't and as far as I'm aware no plugin for PCSX2 can do it too. In this case you are stuck with digital (1/0) output for those buttons.

The above is not valid for the analog sticks which works as expected, provided they do it at the Windows as well.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(02-28-2011, 02:37 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: @Mikedg18, I'm not sure now about what you are calling touch sensitive actually means "pressure sensitive".

Oops, sorry

(02-28-2011, 02:37 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Although PS2 can recognize the last, Windows can't and as far as I'm aware no plugin for PCSX2 can do it too. In this case you are stuck with digital (1/0) output for those buttons.

The above is not valid for the analog sticks which works as expected, provided they do it at the Windows as well.

I think it's the controller adapter, since it works as both a PS2 to PC and PS2 to PS3 converter.

[Image: JNflz.jpg]

Don't mind the Portuguese or the old windows template (I like the old one better)
I moved both analog sticks and as you can see, while the left one works as some sort of aim thingy, the right one influences those two red bars.

Well, I suppose I'm not going to be able to set those, then.
Thanks for everyone's help.
Those are the analog sticks (at least I suppose your controller has they two) and they should work fine with Lilypad. Still, if the figure shows the sticks in the rest position the controller is uncalibrated (or need special drivers to work on XP) and as so it may be sending false informations to the plugin, as making things move by themselves...

In a correctly calibrated controller, the little cross and the bars should be perfectly centralized and stable.

Some controls have a button to change between the modes analog and digital, when analog the D-PAD would affect only that circle with a central dot and the left stick that square with the little cross... when digital, it may have the square working as D-PAD too.

Addendum: a correct working pad should range the whole square (including the corners) and the bars completely filled or depleted in the max length.

If everything else fail, Lilypad can change the sensibility and the dead zone at certain extent. The dead zone can help if the pad is triggering by itself or trembling.
Imagination is where we are truly real
good day everyone! please dont mind it if i dont speak (type) english properly ^^

1st. I bought a USB game controller for the emulator, but the problem is i cant set up the analog though the up, down,left,right circle,square,X, triangle and the L1,2 and R1,2 are working properly but the analog cant and its really needed in the game god of war thats why i cant play it please if anyone knows how to fix this please do help me

THNX IN ADVANCE ^^,
(02-28-2011, 04:47 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Those are the analog sticks (at least I suppose your controller has they two) and they should work fine with Lilypad. Still, if the figure shows the sticks in the rest position the controller is uncalibrated (or need special drivers to work on XP) and as so it may be sending false informations to the plugin, as making things move by themselves...

In a correctly calibrated controller, the little cross and the bars should be perfectly centralized and stable.

Some controls have a button to change between the modes analog and digital, when analog the D-PAD would affect only that circle with a central dot and the left stick that square with the little cross... when digital, it may have the square working as D-PAD too.

Addendum: a correct working pad should range the whole square (including the corners) and the bars completely filled or depleted in the max length.

If everything else fail, Lilypad can change the sensibility and the dead zone at certain extent. The dead zone can help if the pad is triggering by itself or trembling.

Although I moved them purposely, for the picture, they are not completely centered, according to the values displayed on the PCSX2 'Test Device' thingy. I'll try calibrating it, as you suggested. Thanks

(02-28-2011, 04:10 PM)brypally Wrote: good day everyone! please dont mind it if i dont speak (type) english properly ^^

1st. I bought a USB game controller for the emulator, but the problem is i cant set up the analog though the up, down,left,right circle,square,X, triangle and the L1,2 and R1,2 are working properly but the analog cant and its really needed in the game god of war thats why i cant play it please if anyone knows how to fix this please do help me

THNX IN ADVANCE ^^,

Never played God of War, but in case the direction buttons are not used in the game, you could bind the direction buttons on your controller to the analog sticks on the emulator, until you manage to fix it.
I calibrated both analog sticks and when binding them, raised the dead zone slightly. Seems to be working fine now.
Thanks for everyone's help :-)