Crashing issues?
Hello, I just joined the forum so hopefully I am posting this where I should be- if not, then I apologize admins!

Anyway, I run pcsx2 as an admin on windows 7, I load the iso via the boot(full) option, and I have also launched it via the .elf (what is the difference, btw?) and the game(s) will play just fine for roughly thirty mins, and then I get the infamous encountered an error and will be closed now popup. My computer specs are below, let me know if any more info needs provided and I will happily do so as I really want to play some of my old games ! What would cause it to crash after working just fine for a bit?

-----------------
Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 3834 MB
CPU name = AMD Phenom™ II N660 Dual-Core Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 2.991 ghz (2 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00802009
x86EFlags = efd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3
MMX2 .. 3DNOW .. 3DNOW2.. SSE4a
----------
Log is attached.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 10,57 KB / Downloads: 362)

Sponsored links

Might be related to heat. Many laptops just aren't geared well for some CPU-intensive work.
(01-13-2013, 05:20 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Might be related to heat. Many laptops just aren't geared well for some CPU-intensive work.

Would it be an intense enough amount of heat that I would feel it? (Like if the laptop was on my lap I would feel the difference?) Because it didn't feel any hotter, and my computer didn't sound like it was working extra hard or anything, it was running pretty smoothly up until the moment it happened. The sound got really choppy, like I took the red pill or something (Ha.) for about 30 seconds and then the window got the translucent white film and up came the not responding error. Are there settings or plugins that can be set up to be relevant to the tech in my computer or are these plug-ins pretty general?

Also, as a side note, and perhaps I am retarded but HOW IN THE WORLD do I set my signature?! I have looked everywhere in the user panel and I even searched the forums to no avail. -.- Though, I am much more worried about being able to play the games more so than I am concerned with my sig.
not to mention that the AMD Laptop CPUs are just too weak for PCSX2 (I do love AMD myself, but Intel has a huge advantage here on PCSX2)
Just a couple ideas then. Make sure too much bacground programs aren't running, potentially causing an incompatability. Also try using latest SVN as there were some bug fixes that have occured since then.
Hello all!

@StriFe79 - I really felt everything ran smoother on this computer than it does on my dell studio laptop (with intel) and I do some pretty intense rendering and airbrush work with this laptop, sometimes I have Cinema4d doing an hour long 3d render while I have Photoshop CS rendering my filter applications while I am doing the handwork, all while running a word processor for coding several files at a time and a live test server running without a hiccup. Is the emulator really more consuming than all of that?? If so does that mean my dreams of playing my old ps2 games without going and buying a used ps2 are broken and lost in my lacking technology? Haha.

@DaTankAC - I did close out all of the background programs/processes that I could, some of the annoying bloatware in the computer seems to just stay on, even if I end the process it comes right back. What is this SVN? I am new to the pcsx2 emulator so I apologize for not knowing! What should the frame rate be running at for healthy gameplay?

Thanks again!
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

SVN is the Subversion repository where minor tweeks to the program. Support is still available for these experimental PCSX2 builds. For the most part, I prefer SVN over the "stable" version.