Crashing that basically resets everything
Hello. I've been using pcsx2 to play P3fes since like a few month ago, and I had no issues other than some monster causing a drop in fps.

A couple of days ago, the emulator crashed, and when I reopen it, the screen asking me to configure the plugins came up, when I checked the emulog.txt it was basically blank as well. Now I can't play the game because it crashes randomly 5 minutes in, repeating the whole process.

What I've done:
Reisntall Pcsx2 with the attached redist (Visual and DirectX if I recall correctly)
Tweak the config of the emu to "Safest"
Try another Bios

Nothing so far has worked, I can open the game just fine without any notable glitches or slowdowns, but just a few minutes in, it crashes, and so far I haven't found a specific trigger for the crash.

Thanks for reading

EmuLog.txt (after it happened)

Code:
PCSX2 1.4.0-20160105132032- compiled on Jan  5 2016
Savestate version: 0x9a0b0000

Host Machine Init:
    Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (build 17134), 64-bit
    Physical RAM     =  8173 MB
    CPU name         =  AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor
    Vendor/Model     =  AuthenticAMD (stepping 02)
    CPU speed        =  3.120 ghz (8 logical threads)
    x86PType         =  Standard OEM
    x86Flags         =  178bfbff 1e98220b
    x86EFlags        =  2fd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
    SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX
    MMX2  .. SSE4a

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
    Binding   GS: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\plugins\Please Configure
(GameDB) 9693 games on record (loaded in 239ms)
(pxActionEvent) (LoadSinglePluginEvent) The configured GS plugin file was not found(LoadCorePlugins)

C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\plugins\Please Configure
User-canceled plugin configuration; Plugins not loaded!
(GameDB) Unloading...

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
(09-13-2018, 02:43 AM)CK1 Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

Sorry, its done now.
Upgrade to the latest dev build and see if the problem still exists.
this log doesn't show any loaded game.
can you please post the emulog AFTER you got the problem ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-13-2018, 02:51 AM)CK1 Wrote: Upgrade to the latest dev build and see if the problem still exists.

Well, so far it's been great. But it messed with my sstates, so I'll never now if they were corrupted (I tried with many though). Luckily I save in memcard pretty often so I didn't loose too much progress.

Thanks for the help.
Savestates are based per version and per computer you cannot intermix them with versions or other person's savestate.
(09-15-2018, 01:59 PM)StriFe Wrote: Savestates are based per version and per computer you cannot intermix them with versions or other person's savestate.

That's incorrect, if both users share the same version and their discs are identical then the users can share them.

You'll get a bios version mismatch error message in the console but that's nothing major.

As for dev builds if the savestate version hasn't been changed between builds then those too will be fine.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
Then this must be added/changed, cause you never could use another person's savestate.