Crushed blacks in Dark Alliance 2 and other issues
Hello, its nice to meet you all. I apologize ahead of time for the trouble, I hope this is the right place.

-PC Specifications-
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
MB: ASROCK Fatality AB350 Gaming K4
RAM: DDR4 G. Skill TridentZ RGB 2133-3200Mhz
GPU: GTX 1080 8GB
PSU: 750W SuperNOVA

-PCSX2-
PCSX2 v1.7.0-dev-837-gf1e44bfd4

-Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 Settings-
[Image: 6UcnGN1.png]

Issue #1: When I start up this game and the FMV plays, the FMV's looks like this. I'm not sure how to solve this.

[Image: a5RWiOr.png]

Issue #2: So I've been looking around trying to find what settings other people use when playing this game and I stumbled upon this video on youtube. Watching it, I noticed it was very vibrant and smoother than my experience. While the user has his settings in the video description, matching them didn't quite have the same results. As he enters Red Fang Goblin Lair (Cave) at 17:40, I noticed his game doesn't have the crushed blacks like I do. Switching to native software mode, however, makes the crushed blacks go away.

-My screen-
[Image: lJf1jUh.png]

Sponsored links

Looks like you are using an old GSdx plugin, did you overwrite your old folder?
In that case it will sometimes use an older one (Reason: I see no dithering options, Alpha stencil has been removed and especially custom resolution was remoed)
Best to use a fresh folder. But i see spectabis, best to right click on a game and edit in PCSX2 itself just in case.
(01-25-2021, 07:30 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: Looks like you are using an old GSdx plugin, did you overwrite your old folder?
In that case it will sometimes use an older one (Reason: I see no dithering options, Alpha stencil has been removed and especially custom resolution was remoed)
Best to use a fresh folder. But i see spectabis, best to right click on a game and edit in PCSX2 itself just in case.

Hi there, thank you for the quick reply.

I do overwrite the folder when I upgrade to a newer version. I am also using another plugin:
[Image: 3GQAZjQ.png]

I'll see if installing fresh version of PCSX2 helps, and perhaps deleting Spectabis for now.
It worked! I installed a fresh, new version of the latest dev build. The crushed blacks are gone!

[Image: BvmPGs5.png]

The crushed blacks were super annoying, thank you so much for your help!

Also, the option "Conservative Buffer Allocation" on/off solves the FMV issue. Smile
Surprising to see a correct usage of the buffer allocation, it should only be used with weird FMV issues (most i've seen needed skip mpeg).
It seems the FMV fix isn't permanent, I  have to keep toggling it on and off every time I play the game. I've also been running into some crashes with both Dark Alliance games, but I feel the second one crashes a bit more often.

This is usually the sign when it's about to crash.

[Image: O15EE8v.png]