Curious Question
Hi,

This may have already been asked before, so sorry if it has, when I asked this in a post that was old, I was told to make a new post rather than post in the old post (though I thought forums preferred users posting in existing posts rather than making new posts, so the forum isn't littered with the same questions).

How come PCSX2 doesn't work with Action Replay Max (for PAL users) or even CheatDevice ELF, but Codebreaker works fine.

Reason I ask is that Codebreaker is ok, but not all PAL games that have cheats can be converted to work with Codebreaker.

As I am dumping my own PS2 games, hence been PAL region, Codebreaker is mainly for NTSC region, I have tried to dump my own Action Replay disc but it doesn't work with the emulator.

I know there's pnach files for cheats, but it's not really ideal as you have no option to toggle your cheats on/off and use as/when you need, as some cheats can only be used on certain levels or at certain points in the game and you have to keep editing your pnach file to add/remove these type of cheats, plus gamehacking.org seems to have problems when downloading cheats for the emulator, the file will be blank.

In regards to cheats, are there any plans to add an option for the emulator to automatically download cheats for said game and be able to toggle cheats on/off like other emulators.

If I remember correctly in previous builds of PCSX2 it had a feature where you could scan and make your own cheats, I can't seem to find this feature in the current build (using auto nightly updates).

I know there's Cheat Engine which I have, but it takes time to find cheats yourself and may not be able to find codes as good as Action Replay have, such as drive through cars for The Getaway, also I am not that good when it comes to finding pointers if the address is not static.

So with the above question in mind, is there an easier way for users to have cheats for PAL games, again which I am dumping from my personal game collection.

Thanks

Sponsored links

Action Replay will work if you put an original disk not a backup
CodeBreaker works because you are probably using the patched one(just the ELF)that allows you to use it on backups
If you use your original code breaker disk with a backup game,it will also not work

If you use the pnach system,you will not need ARMAX and there are plenty of web sites that provides codes for PAL games(you just need to decrypt the codes if they are encrypted)
(06-12-2022, 06:51 PM)vsub Wrote: Action Replay will work if you put an original disk not a backup
CodeBreaker works because you are probably using the patched one(just the ELF)that allows you to use it on backups
If you use your original code breaker disk with a backup game,it will also not work

If you use the pnach system,you will not need ARMAX and there are plenty of web sites that provides codes for PAL games(you just need to decrypt the codes if they are encrypted)

Do you know if the pnach system will allow the option to toggle codes on/off so you dont have to keep editing the list, because it enables all codes by default.
With ARMAX\CodeBreaker you are selecting codes to enable
With Pnach you add // infront of the codes you don't want to have enabled
This is what I made long time ago
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Quick-pnach-tool
I think there was another one created after that with check boxes but I can't find it
I'm looking to put the last action break cheat of the list, which I assume locks the fire code (an in-game limitation of how many objects you can build), do you know how can I put it? https://www.neoseeker.com/the-sims-2-cas...ay/ps2/#p2
Do you mean this one
Code:
//No Damage to Sims and Objects. (PS2) North America
patch=1,EE,20516CCC,extended,00000001
Yes exactly
ive been looking tonight and find my own rips are not working with what i find.

dumb question but how can i boot my game disc using the latest nightly.

ive looked all over and cant see anything for a cddvd plugin to set to my disc drive, just scan local directory for the games i have dumped.

i will look at your tool tomorrow, what site do you use if gamehacking.org says not valid?
(06-13-2022, 11:39 PM)Retroboy Wrote: ...
dumb question but how can i boot my game disc using the latest nightly.

Playing from dvd drive isn't implemented yet in QT builds.
(If supposed to work, then somebody broke it Tongue )
(06-14-2022, 12:00 AM)IPlayWithHex Wrote: Playing from dvd drive isn't implemented yet in QT builds.
(If supposed to work, then somebody broke it Tongue )

it does work, but you have to configure the drive manually in your ini file first, there's no drive selector currently in Qt
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]