Curious about Vista service pack 2
I am downloading the Vista 64-bit service pack 2 right now. I was wondering if anyone has obtained the new release as of yesterday, and if so does this have any positive or negative effects with the newest pcsx2 release and its plugins?

Sponsored links

It doesn't look like any of the things it updates would affect anything gaming wise. It seems they are trying to improve functionality for various hardware, internet, and media playback.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
It's been available for some time, there no improvement in performance no drawbacks it's more a set of new features and bugfixes. However if you use the "balanced" power management policy in power options control panel you might feel lower performance contrary to the older power policys.
It's been available to manufacturer's for a while but they just released it to the public yesterday I think. For some reason, they are not putting it in Windows Update for a few weeks, but you can download it from the directly.
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
a link would be handy, I couldn't find in on their SP2 page Angry

a link to 32 bit (any) would be great
32 bit:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

64 bit:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
thanks. MS didn't like me lol
Installed SP2. Nothing seems different.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Yep, the changes weren't really made to improve graphics performance or processor use. The main features seem to be taking advantage of some better USB functionality, networking improvements, and addressing some issues with media playback.

Also, built in Blu-Ray burning support? That's pretty sweet.