Curious error with emulationstation
Hello Smile
i hope someone can help me. i use Linux Mint 19.2 Xfce Codename "Tina" 64-bit on a PC with AMD64 Athlon x4 955 CPU.
i installed retropie with retroarch and emulationstation, and then i installed pcsx2 1.5.0.0 (but same issues with 1.4.0)

if i start pcsx2 from application-link from desktop then all is fine. but now i try to start it from  emulationstation.

i put a few lines into es_config.sh to make this usable in emulationstation.

now i can choose the games from it but every time i try to start a game, i get the following error:

/home/pi/PCSX2/PCSX2: Symbol `_ZN12wxTextBuffer6ms_eofE' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/home/pi/PCSX2/PCSX2: Symbol `_ZN13wxStackWalker10ms_exepathE' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
free(): invalid pointer
Aborted (core dumped)

has anyone an idea what i can do?

i knew, that it works with Windows but i cant find any installation guides for Linux to get it started from emulationstation.

thanks for your help Smile

Sponsored links

I'm not sure if I understand correctly what you mean.

1. You tried to run on your Linux Mint Desktop, which worked?
2. How and where did you install retropie, retroarch and emulationstation? On the same machine?
3. Do you know how retropie is installed, is it using the system's environment (libraries etc.)? Or is it like a VM, or something else?
4. Please post your es_config.sh's content
Tired of always changing your PCSX2 Configuration for different games?

Check this out: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-MultiConfigTool
(11-08-2019, 07:34 PM)XXXBold Wrote: I'm not sure if I understand correctly what you mean.

1. You tried to run on your Linux Mint Desktop, which worked?
2. How and where did you install retropie, retroarch and emulationstation? On the same machine?
3. Do you know how retropie is installed, is it using the system's environment (libraries etc.)? Or is it like a VM, or something else?
4. Please post your es_config.sh's content
Hi,
i try to explain:

i installed a 64bit Version of Linux Mint 19.2. After this i installed the support of i386 libs with this:
Code:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
Then i installed this:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa
sudo apt-get update
and this:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pcsx2-team/pcsx2-daily
sudo apt-get update 
and then this:
Code:
sudo apt-get install pcsx2

after that i made a reboot.

If i now start the PCSX2 Emulator from Linux Mint Desktop all works fine. The emulator starts into confguration and after this i can play games.
Then i made this:
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
and this:
Code:
sudo apt-get install -y git dialog unzip xmlstarlet

and then i installed retropie from this source:
Code:
git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup.git

cd RetroPie-Setup

sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

after install i made a BASIC INSTALL and reboot.

Then i tried to put the PCSX2 emulator into emulationstation by changing the es_config.sh, but this doesnt work.

I tried different commands but nothing works.

1. /home/pi/PCSX2/PCSX2 %ROM%

With this command ES cant find different libs and the both errors from First Post.

2. /home/pi/PCSX2/PCSX2-linux.sh PCSX2 %ROM%

Here i got only the 2 errors from First Post.

3. /usr/share/applications/PCSX2.desktop %ROM%

I got the error PERMISSION DENIED

4. sudo /usr/share/applications/PCSX2.desktop %ROM%

Failure, sudo could not be find.

Then i gave up.

I tried then to install PCSX2 from retropie and i got an error again. Retropie couldnt install libsdl2-dev:i386. The reason is that libmirclient-dev:i386 couldnt be configured because the libmirclient-amd64 is used. But without a configured libmirclient-dev:i386 the libsdl2-dev:i386 couldnt be installed.
The main problem is, that the 64bit-System use the libmirclient-amd64.

This implementaition of i386 works only in linux itself but not with retropie. This sucks.

i only can delete the both libs with:
Code:
dpkg --force-configure-any -r libsdl2-dev:i386
dpkg --force-configure-any -r libmirclient-dev:i386
after this, the errors are gone but this doesnt help. every time i try to install pcsx2 with retropie i get these errors again.

i solved this after i installed all new but this time i used the linux mint 19.2 32bit version. now the pcsx2 works fine in retropie. and now a few other emulators like dreamcast, psp or dosbox works again too. with 64bit version these emulators couldnt be installed too with the same error.

i dont understand why retropie give the option to install daphne or this n64 64bit emulator if many other emulators of retropie dont really works at a 64bit system.

After hours of google research i figured out that the errors i posted in first post have nothing to do with retropie itself. these errors came from linux itself. the linux code confuses the installation.

Sorry for my horrible english.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

It seems that retropie isn't loading the proper .so files from the system then (or it's loading it's own) which are not compatible with the PCSX2 binary. The "Re-Linking" part of your error basically means you'll have to rebuild PCSX2 against these .so files to work with them (No idea if that's possible with retropie).

Hm, well, it might be a temporary solution to use a 32-bit OS, but I wouldn't recommend this anymore in the future, native 32-bit OS will disappear from the Desktop soon (I think Linux Mint 19.x will also be the last 32-bit, 20.x will be 64-bit only I guess).
Tired of always changing your PCSX2 Configuration for different games?

Check this out: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-MultiConfigTool