Custom GSDX for PCSX2 rev r1888 for Valkyrie Profile 2
I'll start by saying I realize I am speaking about a previous beta build of PCSX2 but before I get yelled at I'd like to say it is the only one I've found that will run VP2 at 60fps. I'm sure that if I overclock my CPU to 4+ ghz the later versions will probably push to the 60fps threshold but considering I don't have struggle with any other games (Except Star Ocean 3 and if someone has some solutions for that which don't involve OC that would be nifty too because even running it native and software that game lags like hell) , including the FF games and Persona which are all heavy games to run and I can run them with Upscaling I think it is absurd to say *that* is my solution when another rev of PCSX2 runs it at proper FPS.

Valkyrie Profile 2 is completely playable minus a couple parts of the game where the screen is a giant red block, this occurs in forest areas and nowhere else. I have also found that the game runs at 50-55 fps max on newer PCSX2 versions after rev r1888 So I have determined the best way to play the game, so I can do it at ~60fps is to use Rev1888 for just this game, however this forest issue is inherent on all releases in both hardware and software mode. Someone came up with a fix which requires recompiling GSDX with a specific line of code. However I am not a programmer nor do I have any illusions that I ever will be, as such I do not have the ability's to recompile the plugin. What I ask is that if someone with these skills would be kind enough to assist in creating and making a special GSDX for this game that is compatible with r1888 (or provide a different PCSX2 build and custom GSDX with the line of code added that will run the game at 60fps) and making it available to anyone who would like to play this game as lag and glitch free as the emulator will allow it would be most appreciated. The line of code to be used can be found in this thread

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Bug-Repor...SC?page=10

There is a second post on page 11 that presents alternate coding if the lines on page 10 do not exist on the GSDX that is being edited. Hopefully a revision of GSDX 1873 (0.1.15 SSE4) can be written so that I can simply use it with r1888 but once again, if there is a better solution I'd be happy to hear it.

Sponsored links

Just switch to software renderer (f9 while playing) when in the forest parts, they're not that long.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(04-12-2011, 05:51 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Just switch to software renderer (f9 while playing) when in the forest parts, they're not that long.

Well, I had sworn that it did that in software mode too but you are indeed right, that does prevent it from happening, wish my processor were faster though, painful running through those areas at ~20 fps.
System Stats

Intel Core I7 870 2.93 ghz w Hyperthreading
4 GB DDR3 1600
Sapphire X-Vapor 785mhz ATI Radeon HD 5870 1 GB
there are fixed GSdx verions floating about just google VP2 fix
(04-12-2011, 06:27 AM)Saiki Wrote: there are fixed GSdx verions floating about just google VP2 fix

Thanks, Appreciate it, I tried more complicated search terms and didn't come up with anything.
System Stats

Intel Core I7 870 2.93 ghz w Hyperthreading
4 GB DDR3 1600
Sapphire X-Vapor 785mhz ATI Radeon HD 5870 1 GB
Native res doesn't yield 60 fps?
VP2 has some unresolved problems, so it doesn't run full 60 sometimes. the forest is omg lag-city, even in sw mode..