Custom Shaders for GSdx
(12-16-2012, 02:57 AM)Asmodean Wrote: I'm not home at the moment, but when I am during the week, I can port the nvidia fxaa to glsl if I have the time. I can also upload my own shader I wrote for Pete's OGL2 a while back, If people wanted it.

It's a multi shader, FXAA, Bloom, and SSAO. Which is configurable via shader settings, and you can also turn each aspect of the shader off, or on, eg: if you only wanted fxaa, or fxaa and bloom, or just ssao etc.

It's the shader used in the FF8 screens above.

What GPU do you have though? it doesn't work as well on older gpu's.

I would love that at the moment I using AA shader v2.0 with bloom from the shader pack 2.3 on petes forums, But FXAA,Bloom,SSAO all in one sounds ever better I Running a i7 920 and 660gtx ftw sig2 all stock. If you could explain how that all works settings and what not in the plugin even better. I just know shader level effect the pictures.

Or am I right in think if I click the "..." next to shader effect and point to the slv/slf Folder with the shader i want and it will use that shader? You say parts of your all in one shader can be turn on of off, how exactly would that work, seeing there is only shader 4 shader levels? I do appreciate the help, seeing this is more help then i ever been able to get on pete's own forums about how this all works.

Sponsored links

Err... what you have isn't an SSAO shader. Ambient occlusion is based on the depth of the scene - it needs it to determine the distance between objects in the scene. Without depth, it can't determine (and thus shade) the space between objects, which is the whole point of SSAO. If the AO in that PS1 screenshot were working, the most you'd see would be some darkening on the characters themselves, and I don't see any of that. (For instance, darkness between their legs, which would be quite obvious in the resolution the game's running at.) In fact, it looks more like the shader you're using blends things either oddly or in a way that depends on the SSAO being there and is just darkening the whole picture.
Real AO is done via pixel spacing, and depth. SSAO can be implemented using pixel colour for a cruder/simplified effect. Which is the only method which will work for current emulation. What do you expect? DX11 Crisis 3 SSAO on PSX Tongue
(12-25-2012, 07:01 AM)Asmodean Wrote: SSAO can be implemented using pixel colour for a cruder/simplified effect.
Perhaps you're confusing SSAO with shader based antialiasing techniques, which at first relied on depth before everyone realized it was easier to just find jagged edges in the final render and smooth them there. Or lightrays, which can be sorta-done using only the position of the sun and just smearing any bright lights outwards. When it comes to ambient occlusion, using the depth buffer is the whole point - it's way faster than ray tracing, for instance. See here.
What I'm saying is SSAO can't be done on anything without access to the depth buffer, and that includes emulators. There's just not enough information present for it to work. What you have is a sharpening filter.
^Those are some hilarious engrish.

Depending on the price, could be pretty neat though.

Edit: Ooops wrong thread.
You can do it without access to the depth buffer if you basically build your own depth buffer by faking it using gradiants or whatever. It doesn't mean it'll be as accurate as using an actual depth buffer but you can fake it to an extent.
(12-27-2012, 12:44 AM)dralor Wrote: You can do it without access to the depth buffer if you basically build your own depth buffer by faking it using gradiants or whatever. It doesn't mean it'll be as accurate as using an actual depth buffer but you can fake it to an extent.

not really. the models texture colors distorting that idea. you could reverse approximate the surface normals from the "lighting" and put them in a 3dimensional relation to the surrounding pixels/normals to get a depth relation. but as i said. the texture colors distorts the "lighting" to get that normals correct.
Yes any form of finding out the depth without the depth buffer will be a approximation or more simply faking it. The question is can you get it close enough by faking it and how expensive is it computationally to fake it. It's entirely possible that it's not accurate enough or not worth the cost in the end.
Hey, was just wondering if someone could come up with a 2xSai + bilinear filtering shader, that gives the same effect as when using those two options on the older emulators like Snes9x and Fusion. Would be great for 2D only and older games, like Metal Slug Anthology.
(08-21-2012, 03:15 AM)andmoc Wrote: Look how diferent (and better) these shaders make the games:

WITH and WITHOUT SHADERS - See in full screen

[Image: xeno04.jpg]

[Image: xeno05.jpg]

[Image: xeno08.jpg]

[Image: xeno07.jpg]

Other Images:

[Image: xeno01.jpg]

[Image: xeno03.jpg]

[Image: xeno06.jpg]

It is better than MANY PS3 / XBOX360 games.

Don't hate me! What games/game is this?