Custom Shaders for GSdx
(11-06-2013, 03:17 AM)Asmodean Wrote: I just added TXFAA today. It's good for 2d/3d mixed games. Like 2DAA it also needs to be set to 1 in the vertex shader. Try each out and see what you like.

Very nice. I prefer TXFAA to 2DAA. Just FYI, the comment in gpuPeteOGL2.slv says "Make 1 to enable 2DAA."

Sponsored links

Thanks for spotting. I copied/pasted the 2DAA line and forgot to change the comment xD
(11-06-2013, 05:10 AM)Asmodean Wrote: If you really want, you can go to line #931 of the fragment shader .slf and look for these;

vec2 TextureSize = OGL2Size.xy;
vec2 InputSize = vec2(320.0f, 240.0f);
vec2 OutputSize = vec2(800.0f, 600.0f);

and mess about with the x/y sizes, you could also change TextureSize = OGL2Size.xy, to TextureSize = vec2(1024, 512); <- where 1024, and 512 are just examples

Thanks. (1024, 512) works. (2048, 1024) works. (4096, 2048) causes the problem.

1024 x 1024:

2048 x 1024:

4096 x 1024:

4096 x 2048:

4096 x 4096:

It seems that 4096 x 1024 is smoothest. What is the resolution you recommend?
Think i may have found the problem, i'll check once i'm home, But i have TXFAA and 2DAA enabled, and judging from the line above, it's one or the other.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
PsxFX bug report:
- If INTELLI_VIBRANCE is on, there are black lines in "Area" and "Talk" (see the pictures). It only occurs on gpuBladeSoft.

INTELLI_VIBRANCE on:

INTELLI_VIBRANCE off:

Thanks for the report.

I'm not at home for a few days. I've a new version ready there, with improvements to the AA etc. I'll take a look at the vibrance aswell, although, I suspect it could be the interpolation of red-based colours, which is causing it.

It could be plugin filtering options clashing with it also. What filtering options are you using in the plugin?
I'm using the following filtering options:
- Texture bilinear filtering: Polygons and Sprites
- Hq3x
- Bilinear filtering

I also disable 'dfe' emulation. By the way, have you thought of including Natural Vision effect to PsxFx and PCSX2Fx? It is awesome. I tried to merge Natural Vision shader to PsxFx but it didn't work. Also, I found that bloom made the image too bright. Is this intended?
Been out of this thread for a while. Is there a good shader for pure 2D games? Not scanlines (can't stand those), just something that lessens the pixellation at higher resolutions.
I've been using Asmodean's PCSX2Fx 2.00, probably the best filter I've seen yet!
The default settings are great.

I like how it works with essentially every game, building on the original image, without overcontrasting or oversaturating it. I don't have that issue with Haunting Ground anymore.

Here's a good screencap of Obscure, widescreen hack, 1080p, with the filter on.
[attachment=46871]
So right now I'm replaying FFXI on epsxe, but I'm using GSDX for the graphics plugin. How would I get it to recognize the psx shaders since they are .slv and .slf files? Or can they only be used on Petesogl?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, I just saw the part where it said it hasn't been ported for gsdx yet. My bad.