Custom Shaders for GSdx
(11-09-2014, 06:03 PM)Asmodean Wrote: I know what bug that is. It's got to do with scaling.

What GSdx version are you using? Ensure you're using the latest build from here. The new post processing requires you have at least the version that 2.2 was committed. I added a macro to GSdx that the shader uses.

I'm not able to reproduce the problem. I'll try again though, to be safe.

My bad, i didn't, sorry, everythings works fine now ^^
But can you tell how to activate deactivate the shader ingame please ? Pressing home or page up do nothing for me

Sponsored links

As somebody most justifiably pointed out. I hadn't updated the info in the shader link of my signature, in umm, quite some time. I somewhat updated it a bit, with current info. So people aren't getting confused. (Not screenshots yet though). If any peeps would like to take some nice screens, I'll be more than happy to use those.

You can check it here. Or (obv) in my signature below.

Let me know if I missed anything, I guess ;p

---------------
#EDIT:

(11-09-2014, 08:37 PM)Faendra Wrote: My bad, i didn't, sorry, everythings works fine now ^^
But can you tell how to activate deactivate the shader ingame please ? Pressing home or page up do nothing for me

Well, that's good. Have you tried the hotkeys after you updated the build? did you make sure to update the lot (plugins, pcsx2, etc). Because it should work fine using the hotkeys. (page up for fxaa, and home for fx shader). You can of course also use the check boxes in the GSdx options dialog also.
I've found some issues with the lanczos/bicubic scalar. When I apply one of them to games like final fantasy X the upscaling quality improves A LOT, but when the emulatlr detects some kind of movement of camera, model or texture, the screen highlights some kind of bloom with different colours. Its something like the emulator will provoque you epilepsia or something

But if I activate fxaa in de gsdx, the changing-colour bloom effect is almost fixed. And if I also activate the fxaa in the ini file (fxaa x2) that annoying effect is practically fixed.

And if I don't use lanczos and just fxaa x2, the image upscaling looks dirtier than enabling lanczos scalar.

Also, if I want to use lanczos scalar, with no bloom addlight effect, the image is soo dark, making the game unplayable, so the only way I realize to play the game with nice settings is enabling fxaa x2 with lanczos scalar and addlight bloom effect.

My question is if theres a way to fix the lanczos scalar dark and colour changing effect without using fxaa. Make the experiment: play ffx with just lanczos, then with just fxaa x2, then lanczos with addlight bloom (dont use it if you are epileptic), lanczos with addlight bloom and fxaax2.
To check first:

Are you using the latest build from here. The new post processing version requires the latest build. If you haven't updated it, please do so, and check. If it's still happening. I'll be sure to take a look and sort it.
(11-09-2014, 02:37 AM)Asmodean Wrote: At first, I couldn't get the bloom the same for some reason (which was driving me nuts). So I went and had a look at the code, and I realised I was clamping the 'BlendAddLight' bloom, in the previous version, and not doing so in 2.2.

That bloom type looks completely different when it's not being clamped lol. It's not the bloom type that I usually use myself, so I must have missed it.

I fixed it anyway, and I matched your settings. It looks almost identical. But, you might want to tweak things for your personal preferences ofc. and try out the new settings etc.

I tried this Build I didnt like it the scenes looked wrong to me. Went back to the 2.2 in the gits
That wasn't an update, that was just a settings config for Faendra. He was saying he couldn't match he's previous settings to the new version, and I said I'd take a look and see. Now that you mention it, I'll take that down, to avoid confusion Smile

I'm working on implementing a timer in GSdx currently, so the shader can make use of effects that rely on time (eg: Film Grain). I've no idea if it'll work or not yet though, I'm not finished : p
Ah, I see anyway I tried messing with the settings didnt work out well

2.0 has BlendBloom 2.20 has BlendGlow which i guessing is same thing? Seeing there is no BlendBloom Option in 2.20 There are also more BloomOption ins 2.20 but some option missing that where in 2.0

2.0 Tonemap ToneAmount 2.20 in 2.20 tonemap toneAmount .20 If i use same amount in 2.0 ins 2.20 build scene just be comes way to dark.

As such i just you your defualt settings
Yar, the BlendBloom type is basically BlendGlow. I changed a few things (the glow of the bloom is dynamic, depending on scene brightness), and thought I'd rename it to something more apt. The ToneAmount in v2.0 was a gamma curve (which I didn't like having there). So that's why it was 2.2. The new ToneAmount is new code, that works differently. I shouldn't be changing the settings like that, but sometimes it's needed when updating.

Hopefully I'll end up making it more user friendly to change settings in the future.
(11-09-2014, 08:40 PM)Asmodean Wrote: As somebody most justifiably pointed out. I hadn't updated the info in the shader link of my signature, in umm, quite some time. I somewhat updated it a bit, with current info. So people aren't getting confused. (Not screenshots yet though). If any peeps would like to take some nice screens, I'll be more than happy to use those.

You can check it here. Or (obv) in my signature below.

Let me know if I missed anything, I guess ;p

---------------
#EDIT:

Well, that's good. Have you tried the hotkeys after you updated the build? did you make sure to update the lot (plugins, pcsx2, etc). Because it should work fine using the hotkeys. (page up for fxaa, and home for fx shader). You can of course also use the check boxes in the GSdx options dialog also.

yep, i did, but it doesn't change anything...well pressing home button do something, it open my browser ^^'
And yes, i know i can check the boxe, but i don't want to do that every time i take comparative screenshot ^^

(11-09-2014, 08:40 PM)Asmodean Wrote: If any peeps would like to take some nice screens, I'll be more than happy to use those.
What kind of screenshot do you want ?
(11-09-2014, 11:12 PM)Asmodean Wrote: Yar, the BlendBloom type is basically BlendGlow. I changed a few things (the glow of the bloom is dynamic, depending on scene brightness), and thought I'd rename it to something more apt. The ToneAmount in v2.0 was a gamma curve (which I didn't like having there). So that's why it was 2.2. The new ToneAmount is new code, that works differently. I shouldn't be changing the settings like that, but sometimes it's needed when updating.

Hopefully I'll end up making it more user friendly to change settings in the future.

if we could dynamically changes settings from within pcsx2 while the games up would make customizing much easier end user wise, but Think last time the was suggested. It didnt go far do to what it would involve which was easy.