Custom Shaders for GSdx
Xenosaga Episode 3
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

So...i still dont get it.
r5539, GSdx 5464, DX9 Hardware, Win7x64, HD7850.
The only two shaders from this thread where i've seen any visual difference at all, were the one that makes the screen wavy, and 4xGLSL (almost no difference). The rest do absolutely nothing, it seems. Is it at all possible to achieve a smoothing effect in 2D games through shaders, as GSdx filtering breaks alot of things ?
(01-20-2013, 03:19 PM)xenJay Wrote: Don't hate me! What games/game is this?

Xenosaga 2 or 3 not sure. Asmodean update FXAA Makes the game look infinitely better then that guest daisy AA (this makes the game super blurry) Asmodean FXAA update there is almost no blurr or Edges in comparsion
"Asmodean update FXAA Makes the game look infinitely better"

With the exception that it doesnt work.
Just tested it and it works just fine. I see no difference to the normal FXAA though, but it works. Are you sure to be pressing PageUp to enable post processing? You'll see the corresponding message on the console.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Could we get 2xSai? In fact, couldn't 2xSai be an option for software rendering?
(02-14-2013, 11:19 AM)KrossX Wrote: Just tested it and it works just fine. I see no difference to the normal FXAA though, but it works. Are you sure to be pressing PageUp to enable post processing? You'll see the corresponding message on the console.

Yeah, it should work fine. The basic difference is just some code optimization, it's using a higher quality preset, and changed the code, to use the highest SM your GPU can use, instead of just defaulting to SM3.

The difference may be more noticable (if you were trying to do a spot the difference Tongue) on Native IR.

(02-21-2013, 12:18 PM)vgrageaholic Wrote: Could we get 2xSai? In fact, couldn't 2xSai be an option for software rendering?

I can take a look at that, when I get a chance, I've been busy working on other stuff at the moment.

I've also been meaning to update the existing shaders, they were all pushed out pretty sporadically as I was doin 'em, and they're pretty messy etc.
(02-01-2013, 11:44 PM)Mckertis Wrote: So...i still dont get it.
r5539, GSdx 5464, DX9 Hardware, Win7x64, HD7850.
The only two shaders from this thread where i've seen any visual difference at all, were the one that makes the screen wavy, and 4xGLSL (almost no difference). The rest do absolutely nothing, it seems. Is it at all possible to achieve a smoothing effect in 2D games through shaders, as GSdx filtering breaks alot of things ?

1. These are subtle effects. If you're playing 10 feet away or something you aren't going to notice anything but a true implementation of SSAO.
2. If you're playing games with a lot of 2D, you are also not going to really notice a difference.
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764
Just in case anyone is interested here is a bunch of shaders you can play around with. Hopefully it will help someone. I know some of them are from some of the posters here, and to you I thank you very much for making great shaders. I hope you don't mind this post.

Attached Files
.zip   PCSX2 Shaders.zip (Size: 78,18 KB / Downloads: 600)
Actually i have 2 requests.both

1.tekken 5 was laggy but i did some tweaks and the video become like 1.5% more faster than it should is there any way to slow it a bit

2.the players in Fifa street 2 are half disappearing and i dont have any idea what to do about it if you can i will be very gratefulMellowMellow