Custom Shaders for GSdx
(03-08-2013, 11:08 PM)mohsinjaved501 Wrote: Actually i have 2 requests.both

1.tekken 5 is very laggy its sound and video both i have tried a lot of settings but nothing very usefull it has got better but still not perfect like the youtube videos

2.the players in Fifa street 2 are half disappearing and i dont have any idea what to do about it if you can i will be very gratefulMellowMellow

What does any of that have to do with this thread....??
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

(03-08-2013, 11:14 PM)Bositman Wrote: What does any of that have to do with this thread....??

my bad i am sorry wrong thread.but can you point someone or some threads i could look in tooHuhSad
(02-21-2013, 12:18 PM)vgrageaholic Wrote: Could we get 2xSai? In fact, couldn't 2xSai be an option for software rendering?
(02-28-2013, 07:37 AM)Asmodean Wrote: I can take a look at that, when I get a chance, I've been busy working on other stuff at the moment.

I've also been meaning to update the existing shaders, they were all pushed out pretty sporadically as I was doin 'em, and they're pretty messy etc.

2xSai good, but can you make HQ2x? Happy
CPU: Core i7 3770K HT 4300Mhz
Mobo: MSI Z77A G43 bios 2.4
GPU: Radeon HD 6950
RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600Mhz
HDD: SSD Vertex 4 128GB, 2x Samsung 3TB
Windows 7 x64
I've already tried HQ2x, doesn't work without proper vertex manipulation. Albeit I didn't spend long on it, as It's generally not that useful for PCSX2 at higher resolutions
Hi Asmodean, KrossX and all the hard working coders around here. I was wondering if it's possible to make/port some kind of "expansive" bloom like the one in MGE XE shaders for Morrowind for example. I've tried KrossX's Overlay Bloom but it doesn't bleed the light away from the object it's cast from, it looks like just the texture itself is "bloomed" not the surroundings (if that makes any sense). Maybe the problem is that it's using overlay transfer instead of screen or add which would go much better for bloom if possible.

I've had problems trying to run the custom shaders with the 5350 release and the latest svn build also so after a couple of hours of scouring the forum and the thread I got the 5390 one where the loading of external shaders has been enabled and got them to run finally.
It's possible, but a lot of those types of bloom effects, are done is more than a single pass. ie pre-bloom pass, blur H/W pass(s), and the bloom post-pass. I've not looked into it though, As i've been pretty busy at the moment. I can maybe take a look though, if nobody else does in the meantime.

What's possible with the current compilation, is much nicer then no shader at all though, remember Smile

Edit: I keep saying it, but I'm really going to update the few shaders for Gsdx i've posted awhile back, maybe this week. I keep looking at them and cringing at a mess..
Thanks for looking in to it whenever you do it. Yeah, I figured it was something like a multi pass effect although I know nothing about coding but I did manage to butcher that KrossX's overlay bloom to closely match my needs. I'm also using SweetFX to tweak up the visuals, works great.

.rar   scanlines rgb.rar (Size: 924 bytes / Downloads: 396)
I don't know if anyone here is still converting GLSL shaders to HLSL, but I've looked everywhere for an HLSL shader similar to this one and I can't find anything. I'm trying to find some good info resources to learn HLSL coding so I can do this stuff myself, but I know nothing of programming so it's a slow process. If someone who knows what they're doing could convert this for me I would be so happy.

Edit: I'm sure whoever reads this knows I want this to be compatible with GSDX. Just making sure, though. Also, if anyone is interested, this emulates an RGB triad to make it look very similar to playing on an actual CRT. When used on an LCD TV, my setup, it kinda makes it look like a plasma. It really helps to smooth out the 2d aspects and gives it a nice authentic look for older games. Here is the blog where I found this shader: http://filthypants.blogspot.com/2011/05/...dated.html
@NattyDread: Currently only a single pass post processing shader is possible. If you mean a bloom shader that works on light sources and without affecting GUIs and such, not possible.

My shader is just a common Photoshop task I do to photos but made into a shader. It's not meant to be proper bloom at all. You should try Asmodean's HDR shaders instead, as he knows more about image stuff and HDR should be way better than bloom.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
I realize light source bloom is impossible, I was thinking about a full screen bloom. Something you would get if you duplicated the layer, blurred it (considerably) and use "screen" or "add" blend mode over the original... but I guess that is a multipass effect? Sad
Your "Overlay Bloom" is ok but it's not blurred even remotely to what I was expecting and it's obviously using "overlay" blend mode which tends to transfer the dark tones also and over-saturate the colors. Maybe "soft-light" blend mode would be better but "screen" would be best if possible.
I was messing around a little with your code, with 0 knowledge in shader coding bear in mind, and managed to get something that works for me for now. (check the attachment)