Custom Shaders for GSdx
how to reduce the bloom amount in Asmodean GSDX fx ? tried to edit the GSdx_FX_Settings.ini but it didnt work

Sponsored links

(07-28-2015, 11:49 PM)K.F Wrote: Applying FXAA after downscaling makes more sense to me:

1- Downscaling is a form of AA, so some of the regions will have aliasing before downscaling, but not after it. So applying FXAA before downsampling will waste time by applying it to regions that wouldn't have needed it after downsampling.

2- Smaller region = more efficiency.

Downscaling is the main AA method in emulators, FXAA is just extra to fix what the downscaling was not enough for. So applying it before downscaling  seems backwards for me, especially since AA from downscaling has much higher quality than FXAA which should be applied minimally.

No, you REALLY want to apply FXAA before you downscale. This gives the FXAA shader more data to work with and will lead to a more-accurate end result, with less blurring and less loss-of-detail.

Also, the FXAA shader will have an incredibly hard time finding edges in frames that have already had some form of anti-aliasing (like downscaling) applied, making it almost worthless.
Shaders I found on another forum.

Attached Files
.7z   PS1 and PS2 shader collection4.7z (Size: 2,77 MB / Downloads: 723)
Figure this question would be better over here than anywhere else; is there a way to get reshade to work with PCSX2? I'm looking to active my "3D LUT" that I created for Reshade. Works really well in PC titles, but emulation is obviously different. =).
Ooooh, never mind guys. Reshade seems to work. I guess my GPU is so old that the dxgi.dll for DirectX10/11 doesn't seem to work? DirectX9 works wonderfully with PCSX2, unfortunately, I don't believe DX9 was ever good. None-the-less, just another reason to upgrade my aging GPU and soon.

By the way, the LUT works fantastically. Beautifully calibrated and you'd be surprised how vibrant games are supposed to be from the get go! The LUT allows the gamma tone to be adjusted as well, since currently the Windows ICC profile will work with PCSX2 (which is fine to be honest). Without the LUT, the only thing that isn't as accurate is the gamma tone, but the colors remain saturated and are changed accordingly, so that's nice =).

Anyhow, Reshade works, LUT works, my GPU is old and bad.

It would be nice for someone to test the DX10/11 Capabilities of ReShade just incase, since I can't =(.
Some injector/shader stuff works with PCSX2 in D3D9 mode but not D3D11, so it could be that.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-11-2015, 09:01 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Some injector/shader stuff works with PCSX2 in D3D9 mode but not D3D11, so it could be that.

Oho, never thought that it might be the case. I'm pretty sure OpenGL should work, but requires 4.3+ which I can't do and I hear OGL is now the more preferred renderer too? Anyhow, thanks for chiming in Blyss.
Yeah OGL is the preferred renderer nowadays, it's gotten a LOT better.

But yeah I did some stuff with iz3d and Tridef and PCSX2 and the first thing I noticed is it only works in D3D9 mode. I've also seen users posting about SweetFX working in D3D9 and not 11 but that doesn't seem to be everyone.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Oooh I see. Thanks for all the info Blyss. Whenever I decide to get a new GPU, I'll probably just come back in here and confirm whether it works or not, thanks again =).
(12-11-2015, 09:08 PM)Arcadius Wrote: Oho, never thought that it might be the case. I'm pretty sure OpenGL should work, but requires 4.3+ which I can't do and I hear OGL is now the more preferred renderer too? Anyhow, thanks for chiming in Blyss.

The requirement is openGL 3.3 + a couple of GL4 extensions. I'm far to request 4.3 (4.0 will already be a huge jump) (but I will love to do it Tongue).