Custom Shaders for GSdx
@zaozabot :

Could you please tell me the difference between the "GSdx FX 2.3" that you´re using and the "GSdx FX 2.4" in the   latest pcsx2 git build? Which is better?

Sponsored links

OMFG, with the Shader 2.4 and changing some settings, the games looks awesome. (And not only the cell-shaded games)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

New PSXFX.

Attached Files
.zip   PsxFX_2.0.zip (Size: 23,23 KB / Downloads: 1.039)
(05-17-2016, 04:29 AM)Carapace Wrote: New PSXFX.

gpuPeteOGL2.slf must be in External shader config
and
gpuPeteOGL2.slv must be in External shader    ?

which config is the best for have better quality in software mode
Intel i7 4790k / 32gb Ddr3 1600Mhz / GTX 1080 /Wind 10 64bit

(05-17-2016, 04:29 AM)Carapace Wrote: New PSXFX.

I hadn't posted a link here, because: a) the new version's not quite finished yet. It's working fine, of course. I've added xBR-lv2-3D, and a few more things since that test version., and b) wasn't sure if I should be posting ps1 stuff here, at least in this particular thread lol. I have posted them previously, I suppose.

You can keep up with the latest changes here: https://github.com/Asmodean-/PsxFX

I've also reinstalled Visual Studio / dev environment (took me a while to get around to it, after fresh installing windows 10). So, I intend to do some more work on GSdx, and it's post-processing framework. When I've the spare time.

You can see initial proposed PR for internal gsdx interpolation scaling, & get a windows build here: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/1363 The two scaling types (Bicubic / Lanczos) are added to the 'tv shaders' location of the UI, for now.

---- #edit
(05-17-2016, 05:35 AM)jonaand Wrote: gpuPeteOGL2.slf must be in External shader config
and
gpuPeteOGL2.slv must be in External shader ?

which config is the best for have better quality in software mode

jonaad, these are not GSdx shaders. They're for PSX (PS1). I've made some small changes to the GSdx ones (check link above). I may take some time to work on the actual framework a bit, before making more substantial updates (not sure yet)
Going try this Lanczos scaling Smile

(05-17-2016, 03:58 PM)Asmodean Wrote: I hadn't posted a link here, because: a) the new version's not quite finished yet. It's working fine, of course. I've added xBR-lv2-3D, and a few more things since that test version., and b) wasn't sure if I should be posting ps1 stuff here, at least in this particular thread lol. I have posted them previously, I suppose.

You can keep up with the latest changes here: https://github.com/Asmodean-/PsxFX

I've also reinstalled Visual Studio / dev environment (took me a while to get around to it, after fresh installing windows 10). So, I intend to do some more work on GSdx, and it's post-processing framework. When I've the spare time.

You can see initial proposed PR for internal gsdx interpolation scaling, & get a windows build here: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/1363 The two scaling types (Bicubic / Lanczos) are added to the 'tv shaders' location of the UI, for now.

---- #edit

jonaad, these are not GSdx shaders. They're for PSX (PS1). I've made some small changes to the GSdx ones (check link above). I may take some time to work on the actual framework a bit, before making more substantial updates (not sure yet)
(05-17-2016, 03:58 PM)Asmodean Wrote: I hadn't posted a link here, because: a) the new version's not quite finished yet. It's working fine, of course. I've added xBR-lv2-3D, and a few more things since that test version., and b) wasn't sure if I should be posting ps1 stuff here, at least in this particular thread lol. I have posted them previously, I suppose.

---- #edit

Can DDT from psxfx be added to gsdxfx?
(05-21-2016, 08:53 PM)Carapace Wrote: Can DDT from psxfx be added to gsdxfx?

Probably, using some wacky workaround. I tested getting NEDI scaling working using a compile loop for the 3 passes within GSdx....nope, doesn't like it.

I've gotten xBR 'working' too. Both using texture sampling lod offsets within the pixel shader, and I tried changing the OGL Gsdx compilation code for the external fx shader to compile an external vertex shader.. just to test out xBR, and some other scaling shader stuff using the VS. I even had a new file, and code setup for adding it the the GSdx UI selection, ini file, etc

None of it worked well at all. To the point I felt it wasn't worth the effort. GS scaling needs to be gutted and redone from scratch lol. I dunno, it's feels almost impossible to do anything cleanly when working with it.

They "work" as in compile and load up, etc. But the scaling is just wrong and it just doesn't work as intended.

There are three no-fly zones in GSdx: the texture cache, the scaling, and the texture filtering sections. Of which are held together with duct tape, and voodoo.

I hope you found this reply(rant) somewhat informative.
Added functionality for a time parameter to the GS external post-processing. Honestly, I'm not even sure if this will really be useful or not. (can do film grain, and dynamic dithering, etc I guess..)

Anyone think of anything good that has been asked for previously that required a time param.

I kind of just did it for the sake of it. Dunno if it's worth adding(?).
(05-22-2016, 07:51 PM)Asmodean Wrote: Added functionality for a time parameter to the GS external post-processing. Honestly, I'm not even sure if this will really be useful or not. (can do film grain, and dynamic dithering, etc I guess..)

Anyone think of anything good that has been asked for previously that required a time param.

I kind of just did it for the sake of it. Dunno if it's worth adding(?).

Anyway any chance for more cel shading shaders?