Custom Shaders for GSdx
(03-16-2013, 05:35 PM)Asmodean Wrote: OT but, I'm looking for some testers for my latest shader. It's a PSX emu ubershader.

Current effects:
  • NFAA - Normal Filter Anti Aliasing
  • SSAA - Shader-Based SuperSampling
  • FXAA - HQ Fast Approximate Anti Aliasing
  • TXFAA - Texture filter-base Anti Aliasing
  • 2DAA - 2DAA Interpolation Smoothing
  • Luma Sharpening
  • High Pass Bloom
  • Gamma Correction
  • Color-Corrected Tonemapping
  • Dynamic Contrast
  • P-Pixel Vibrance
  • Point Light Attenuation
  • CRT Emulation
  • Subpixel Dithering
  • BiCubic Texture Filter
  • BiLinear Texture Filter

These are all done in GLSL with pseudo passes, so they can all be used together, or independently of each other.

I've only been able to test it so far, on Nvidia, so I'm especially looking for some AMD users.

I'll probably port it for GSdx at some point.

Link:
Feedback is welcome.

Above shader updated (link also updated);

[Release Notes #1 18/03/2013]
  • Fixed clamping issues with the luma/color correction. (black negative values for certain luma colors) - status: Fixed
  • Added Point Light Attenuation, light map (testing)
  • Amended the Dither color bit values, should now have better coverage.
----------------------------------------
Edit: 04/11/2013 Updated link: Various coding improvements, effect optimizations, and changes, added CRT emulation, TXFAA, and new filtering etc.

thanks for your work asmodean.

back then the shader work but now it suddenly appear something like this :

[Image: psxfx%20error_zpsfpy8ktkq.png]

do you know what happen ?

Sponsored links

I'd prefer not to go into psx stuff in this particular thread. As it's for gsdx shaders, but I'll answer these;

@PureEvilWindom That's a really old version. Latest version is here: https://github.com/Asmodean-/PsxFX I put it in a repository, so anyone could get it from a single place, and maybe add to it if they have any good improvements.

That old version had some stupid luminance float -> 3p bug that my gpu at the time didn't pick up when testing.

#edit: I've just deleted that post with the old version to avoid further confusion. It's already spread around the net anyway.

@Carapace I wrote the cel shader for playability. So it doesn't affect menus and text, etc. So it's actually a viable choice to play a game with it enabled, and not just for screenshots. Try tweaking the settings on the latest version. There's quite a few of them. I had the cel updates included into the gsdx stuff in a PR I opened recently, but I've closed it for now.

Saying that  - it's still wip. I like the cel edges. I think they do a good job, overall. But I'm not happy with the color conversion part of it. Cel shaders also look pretty bad  when used on low resolution games in general. Others just distract you from that fact with over the top inversion of colors, etc.
(05-28-2016, 04:27 PM)Asmodean Wrote: I'd prefer not to go into psx stuff in this particular thread. As it's for gsdx shaders, but I'll answer these;

@PureEvilWindom That's a really old version. Latest version is here: https://github.com/Asmodean-/PsxFX I put it in a repository, so anyone could get it from a single place, and maybe add to it if they have any good improvements.

That old version had some stupid luminance float -> 3p bug that my gpu at the time didn't pick up when testing.

#edit: I've just deleted that post with the old version to avoid further confusion. It's already spread around the net anyway.

awesome now it works thank you.

kinda sad you delete TXFAA option since i actually curious with those AA.
anyone else have broken shaders when using the latest gits? (latest for me is 3 days ago)
whenever i try to run Asmodean's bundled shader i simply get a black screen :/
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(05-28-2016, 04:27 PM)Asmodean Wrote: I'd prefer not to go into psx stuff in this particular thread. As it's for gsdx shaders, but I'll answer these;

@asmodean Where is the folder for put your psxFX files? Thanks for your work.

EDIT: I put the files into shader folder, but I need rename it or configure something? Can you explain me. Sorry but i dont have much idea. Thanks.

@Carapace I wrote the cel shader for playability. So it doesn't affect menus and text, etc. So it's actually a viable choice to play a game with it enabled, and not just for screenshots. Try tweaking the settings on the latest version. There's quite a few of them. I had the cel updates included into the gsdx stuff in a PR I opened recently, but I've closed it for now.

Saying that  - it's still wip. I like the cel edges. I think they do a good job, overall. But I'm not happy with the color conversion part of it. Cel shaders also look pretty bad  when used on low resolution games in general. Others just distract you from that fact with over the top inversion of colors, etc.

Can you add these in your shader suite:

-MDEC Filter (psfx only)
-ScaleFX x9(both suites)
-Guest AA Shader 4.o (both suites)
-LunaMoo's Scalable Scanlines (both suites)

Movies can still look pixelated depending on which plugin you use. Some ps1 plugins don't have this feature like petes opengl 2.9 does. I can use gaussian blur from other sources but that will blur everything. MDEC Filter is from the Petes Opengl 2.9 plugin for epsxe. It blurs videos only so that they won't be so pixelated.

ScaleFX x9 looks just like 6xbrz. If xbrz is too much to handle for epsxe, this can be used alternatively because they look the exact same but with way less performance impact! Not only that, we'll then have an xbrz alternative for pcs2~
Github info is here: https://github.com/libretro/common-shade...alefx9.cgp

Guest AA Shader 4.o is in the retroarch common shaders and it is a shader for epsxe. It just looks wonderful along side scalefx x9 or xbrz.
Source info here: https://github.com/libretro/common-shade...der-4.o.cg

As for the scanlines, they are the perfect implementation of them because it allows you to maintain perfect sized lines with no clumps no matter the screen size. The scanlines in epsxe do not work at all when you are in 4K. This will help with that. And they are better than pcsx2'd because you have control over their brightness and size.
Source: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594

Think you can put these in your shadersuites Asmodean?

[ScaleFXx9 / 6xbrz Comparison]

ScaleFX x9 Retroarch:
[Image: retroarch_2016_11_19_09_05_00.png]

https://postimg.org/image/fgcbtulst/

6xbrz Snes9x:
[Image: snes9x_x64_2016_11_19_08_42_03.png]

https://postimg.org/image/vu82do09j/

*click links to view without compression*
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
Question about GSDX.fx Shader configurations:

I made a config that i like for Final Fantasy XII last night and was gonna share it in this thread. But would it be better to start a thread of its own to allow a building of a database? I know maybe 3 or 4 more have been posted in this thread but they are lost in a sea of comments.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Can't seem to locate an answer regarding any PCSX2 builds where you can select the shader in the settings, but is there something I need to do extra for shader .fx files that don't have a .ini? Any I have tried using by just clearing the settings field produces a black screen when booting the game

Didn't realise OpenGL couldn't render some custom shaders...
Computer System
CPU: Intel Core i7 6770K @4.0GHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce 980 Ti SC ACX 2.0+ 6GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2400 2x8GB 
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 1TB, Intel X25-M SSD 160GB, WD Black HDD 2TB
Quote: Didn't realise OpenGL couldn't render some custom shaders...
It mostly need a compatibility layer (AKA ifdef)

@Shader authors. It would be nice to have the code in the GIT (like Asmodean's giant shader) and so the default install. This way, I can help you if you need, for the GL compatibility layer.
There are some of my shader ports here from the early days which is cool, but they add blur and harm small details.

Long while ago i developed some interesting deblur methodes and improved them lately so they became more useful.

I compared them with luma sharpen but i wasn't too satisfied with GSdx performance with both.

When i combined the "sharpening" i saw some nice results, a fine synergy.

Some notes:

- the shader is customized for 4x internal resolution, but you can edit it if you use different resolutions
- you can tweak deblur, luma sharpen and aa-offset if you want a different look

I really don't have linux installed so i made a DX only version.

Edit: new version with smart deblur, looks much nicer. You can disable it by uncommenting the "#define" in the shader.
        There is also an option for a "fast version", looks cool with lower internal resolutions like 2x or 3x, great deal faster also.

Edit2: fixed luma sharpen with fast version, looks better now.

Attached Files
.rar   AA Shader 4.o - Sharp.rar (Size: 2,66 KB / Downloads: 514)