Custom Shaders for GSdx
(05-29-2017, 07:17 PM)guest.r Wrote: There are some of my shader ports here from the early days which is cool, but they add blur and harm small details.

Long while ago i developed some interesting deblur methodes and improved them lately so they became more useful.

I compared them with luma sharpen but i wasn't too satisfied with GSdx performance with both.

When i combined the "sharpening" i saw some nice results, a fine synergy.

Some notes:

- the shader is customized for 4x internal resolution, but you can edit it if you use different resolutions
- you can tweak deblur, luma sharpen and aa-offset if you want a different look

I really don't have linux installed so i made a DX only version.

Edit: new version with smart deblur, looks much nicer. You can disable it by uncommenting the "#define" in the shader.
        There is also an option for a "fast version", looks cool with lower internal resolutions like 2x or 3x, great deal faster also.

Edit2: fixed luma sharpen with fast version, looks better now.

Awesome shader. Tyvm

Sponsored links

Thanks for giving it a try.  Smile

I've made some more changes though (only good ones lol):

- aa offset and deblur range can be set separately
- gaussian aa added for games with lots of details/higher internal resolutions, more 'pixel friendly'

AA 4.o is better for cartoony games like DQ8 and for 2D stuff while gaussian does a cleaner job with games like FF.

Remember you can edit the shader...

Edit: new version (4.6.2017)

- better quality gaussian blur
- better fast version deblur, a bit slower though, better luma sharpen

New version (6.6.2017)

- nice bloom effect added
- small tweaks (7.6.2016)

Attached Files
.rar   AA Shader 4.o - Sharp.rar (Size: 3,18 KB / Downloads: 1.108)
Question for those knowledgeable in the subject:

How does one begin to write shaders? And what are some of the limitations specific to pcsx2?

And finally: asmodean made an updated shader for Dolphin. Could that be ported?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
how to begin? a vertex shader. or nah... for postprocessing?... i'd say do a simple color correction. learn color transformation math like hsv or luminance computation. they're really helpfull.

the limitation for those post shaders in pcsx2 should be large bloom or bokeh or whatever shader that could use two passes for large buffer multisample speed improvement. other limit is general texture access and specific formats needed for special effects like ssao or chroma abbr. (depth buffer needed) or real bloom processing (16bit texture format and floating point exposure needed).

the rest is pretty much up to you. mess it with it until it looks good to you. or just use prefab shaders. if you like how they look.
Alright, i'll start puttering around with some of that in my free time.

I was hoping the lighting stuff wasn't going to be the stuff i can't use. Should have known better Tongue

I'm just learning how to tinker with GSDX for real, the results i feel are quite satisfying. Still needs some tweaking, but i have managed to add a faux lighting or sorts, see the attached screenshots, and please let me know what you think.
I'm pretty proud of it myself Laugh (screenshots don't do it as much justice as seeing it in action)

CHANGE LOG:

0.4: 10/18/17
Added:: Star Ocean Till the End of Time, Rogue Galaxy, Shadow Hearts

0.3: 
Updated:: Dark Cloud 2 and Persona 4 - Included in the P4 folder are my original shader, the updated one, and one labeled "Heavy" this one bogs the system to the ground and doesn't look as good as the new default, but has more accurate colors. feedback would be nice.
Added:: Jade Cacoon 2, Soul Calibur 3, Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance II

0.2: Added:: Dark Cloud 2

0.1: Initial release:: Castlevania - Curse of Darkness, Persona 4, Final Fantasy XII

Attached Files
.zip   PCSX2_Shaders.zip (Size: 187,98 KB / Downloads: 2.356)
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
I'm new to PCSX2, I'm curious on how do I adjust the settings when it comes to external shaders? Do I remove the "#" part then change 0 to 1? Also, I didn't download any external shaders other than the one that comes with PCSX2 1.4.0 which is GSdx FX Suite v2.30 by Asmodean. I'm confuse if this is a custom shader or what?
(08-18-2017, 12:48 AM)sabregod Wrote: I'm new to PCSX2, I'm curious on how do I adjust the settings when it comes to external shaders? Do I remove the "#" part then change 0 to 1? Also, I didn't download any external shaders other than the one that comes with PCSX2 1.4.0 which is GSdx FX Suite v2.30 by Asmodean. I'm confuse if this is a custom shader or what?

You change the 0 to a 1 to enable the effect, i suggest reading the comments next to each setting, as they give a good idea what your doing.

You can use the settings below the config (enable/disable area) of the file.

Example: adjusting #define Gamma from 2.2 to 2.4 will brighten the scene.

I suggest just filddling around with the settings (ALWAYS KEEP A BACK UP OF DEFAULT AND LIKED SETTINGS) and see what does what, I've been doing that and i think my shaders are doing what i'd like them to.
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Hi all, I have the same issue with those two aged posts:
PCSX2 built in CRT shader + native resolution
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comme...esolution/
Timothy Lottes' CRT Shader
https://www.reddit.com/r/PCSX2/comments/...rt_shader/
===
I have tested several v1.5.0-dev nightly builds, and all of GSdx.fx built-in CRT shader (LOTTES_CRT and SCANLINES) don't work properly on native resolution. So is there any way fix it out? Thanks.
@Puxirepublic
Inside the GSDX_FX_config.ini file you'll find the actual settings for the shader near the bottom.
Try adjusting them to your liking, there are comments on every line to explain what they do.

If you don't want to do it personally try to get me a screenshot of an example and i'll see what i can cook up next weekend.
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Thanks @hellbringer616. I did tweak around of those GSdx_FX_Settings.ini/GSdx.fx files, but by tweaking those function numbers +/-  stll nothing helps me out.
Anyway, just see the pics,

PCSX2/GSDX + native resolution,

[Image: rhnghw.png]

PCSX2/GSDX + 2x resolution,
[Image: ifxvwy.png]

Also another precisely example, use GSDX plugin for ePSXe.

ePSXe/GSDX +  native resolution,
(since PSX native resolution only 240p, so the scanlines get more awful look than PS2 native resolution )
[Image: ejezho.png]

ePSXe/GSDX +  2x resolution,
[Image: uqpbsz.png]

ePSXe/GSDX +  4x resolution,
(now, only on 4x res, the scanlines actually look right.)
[Image: tletvz.png]