Custom Shaders for GSdx
(01-18-2018, 02:47 AM)CK1 Wrote: Reshade needs to hook/wrap iirc. I don't think it works with PCSX2 currently.

Actually it works just fine, simply via default installation with opengl into the root PCSX2 folder.
I've posted some shots with reshade on neogaf not long ago.

[Image: 0c6ullv.png]

[Image: sispdvx.png]

Sponsored links

(01-19-2018, 03:20 PM)Talley Rand Wrote: Actually it works just fine, simply via default installation with opengl into the root PCSX2 folder.
I've posted some shots with reshade on neogaf not long ago.

How did you get it to work?
I get a "can'tt find a suitable pixel format" Error

EDIT: loads in DX11, but i can't enable or change any features as i cannot access the menu
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(01-20-2018, 02:25 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: How did you get it to work?
I get a "can'tt find a suitable pixel format" Error

EDIT: loads in DX11, but i can't enable or change any features as i cannot access the menu

That's strange. I mean, it's all pretty standard fare.
I've tested it today with the latest pcsx2 build (v1.5.0-dev-22630) and the latest reshade (3.1.1). See the attachments.

P.S. [email protected], 8GB DDR3, GTX 1080 Ti (drivers 388.31), Win7 x64

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It works for both D3D and OGL, I just had to remove the other dll from the folder with PCSX2.exe first. OpenGL threw a few errors on a couple of shaders, but the others work. You do need to create a profile in the in-game Reshade menu before you can enable a shader.
So tall order I'm sure..
But how hard would it be to expose depth information to external programs like Reshade?
I can do a lot of awesome lighting tweaks if it's exposed.. Smile
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
how do these tools access it? you could perhaps add it to the externalfx if you add the srv. the samplerstate and work on the shader.
@dabore
Im afraid I have no idea how they work. I have some photoshop/colorspace skills so I understand how the settings can be adjusted and can configure an ini. But as far as programming a shader, it's far beyond me..

Putting my ignorance of the subject out there: they work via a dll hook, but that's about all I know..

My reasons for this is Reshade is a multipass shader library so I can layer the effects how I need them to be to get the desired results.

Should someone be keen enough to modify the current shader with that function, I'd be a happy man.
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
yeh. okay. and where do they hook the thing? is that a d3d.dll hook? aka call interception/detour. in a native way i can imagine they could only hook the present function of d3d. everything else, including engine internal fullscreen passes, seem unpredictable to me. and the present function doesn't include a depth buffer at all, just a color framebuffer. so... this seems useless. or (*googles*) are they perhaps highjacking the whole api to capture the depthbuffer too? this seems disabled tho, cause of cheat possibilities. i dunno what you trying todo with this. pcsx2 renders final, shadeboost and external passes without depth anyway. interlaced games can't even provide a full depth buffer per frame (half frame). mmh.
The main reason for depth is I can set up the shaders to ignore the UI by only caring about things behind it.
This is a stab in the dark on this once, but I'd imagine with depth information I could also get more accurate lighting occlusion.

But if it can't be done it can't be done. Bummer, but not the end of the world. I can still use Reshade for its multi pass/layered shaders, which was my original goal.

Now if only I can get it to work on windows 10 when using OGL...
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Does anybody know how to increase the settings on the MMJ Cel Shader? Whenever I open the actual .fx file with notepad it says there are more options but I don't know how to enable them:

// 1 - Pencil Mode
// 2 - 1/3 Strength
// 3 - 2/3 Strength
// 4 - Full Strength