Custom Textures in PCSX2
(10-02-2012, 01:56 PM)warWeeny Wrote: you can use a custom resolution in the gsdx option, it goes to 8192 x 8192 which is obviously insanely high and not notable compaired to lets say 4x native

I tried putting it at 8192x8192 and it crashed the program.... LOL
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

(10-02-2012, 02:46 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: I tried putting it at 8192x8192 and it crashed the program.... LOL
That's because your GPU does not support it. 4096x4096 should be the maximum I guess. Mine, after alot of tinkering, works till 8192x8192 with maximum x4 Antialiasing. If I set Antialiasing to any higher value I get BSOD.
(10-02-2012, 02:37 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Pff, at the age that they CONSTANTLY pull down servers one after the other, what makes you think that they would make a server for a dated game? (Yep I'm boycooting every single company that follows this tactic and a reason I left for good PS3 games because of the online pass thing, once a company adopts this formula of making me pay for online then pull the servers I just head and pirate the game even if I won't play the game just to raise the piracy statistics against them, nope I don't care if this is wrong, in my opinion it is) The whole industry is falling apart, it sounds funny but we should almost be happy with what we get. But we are not and that's good because their goal is to lower standars and fill us with mediocre-to-bad stuff yet ask us for the same money. Nope, sorry, the majority of your current and next generation costumers have standars that they won't change, you should change your tactics before it's too late financialy for your companies.

The pack with RE4/RE:CVX is called that way, confusing but whatever... XD

i almost dont play multyplaer game sonline cept for fighting and race games (and dragonquest monster joker) and they havent pulled the servers down for those games.

for the online pass thing, its to prefent people for buying used games, if you buy a game new its included. ps3 games mostly dont have online passes (psvita on the other hand...)

and oh i can play final fantasy 10 with 8192 x 8192 at a fast paced 5 fps on the squaresoft logo alone xD
(10-02-2012, 02:53 PM)warWeeny Wrote: i almost dont play multyplaer game sonline cept for fighting and race games (and dragonquest monster joker) and they havent pulled the servers down for those games.

for the online pass thing, its to prefent people for buying used games, if you buy a game new its included. ps3 games mostly dont have online passes (psvita on the other hand...)

and oh i can play final fantasy 10 with 8192 x 8192 at a fast paced 5 fps on the squaresoft logo alone xD
Don't be fooled. The price for the online pass is already attached to the retail game, just cleverly hidden. Also if I want to buy a used thing, it's my right to do like any other thing in this planet. I will not give them the idea that they can milk the cow infinitely without paying a big cost.

If I don't use antialiasing at all at resolutions near 8k I get like 13-19fps, antialiasing kills the speed.
(10-02-2012, 02:50 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: That's because your GPU does not support it. 4096x4096 should be the maximum I guess. Mine, after alot of tinkering, works till 8192x8192 with maximum x4 Antialiasing. If I set Antialiasing to any higher value I get BSOD.

Well according to this my max res is 2560x1600?!?

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/g...iew.aspx#2

This doesn't make sense. It got to be different for the emulator itself. 6x native res is greater than that and I can use that.

So is their anyway to find out for sure or is fooling around with it the only way?
I think this is the resolution that is for your desktop, mine says that it's 3200x1800 but I can definately get higher than that which starts to get confusing.
right... But even with my system I don't think its a good idea to go above 6x native res. It will be slow for almost all the games. If not all. You seem to have a better GPU than I do. How well do you run things with it above 6x native res? If your card can handle even displaying 8192x8192 res on the emulator. I would guess you have at least a GTX 670.
Anything near/above 4x becomes fairly unplayable and unstable fps wise, I use it only for screenshots or to record better quality videos on games that hate MSAA option. Also I'm not keen is SUCH high resolutions for gameplay which tend to heat my PC for something that's really not worth it.
Yeah...
hi, to go ontopic again, i also support the idea of custom texture integration. i think the ps2 emulation scene would grow once more, revived by the new possibilities.
as already said, todays hd remakes still lack good textures. where some games already have them looking fine at higher internal resolution (like kingdom hearts and final fantasy 12 in my opinion) others desperately need better textures (like ffx as you can already see in the opening scene) ffx would look so beatiful without the (sloppy) blurryness.
i call to the devs to please consider this with high priority.