Custom aspect ratio?
I know if you use windowed mode and stretch to screen, you can use any aspect ratio you want. But how can I do that in full screen mode? Your only options (as far as I know) are 4:3, 16:9, and stretch (which will match your screen resolution).

Edit: Oops, looks like I put this in the wrong forum. Could someone move it to PCSX2 support (Windows) pretty please?

Sponsored links

(08-30-2011, 10:26 PM)natt Wrote: I know if you use windowed mode and stretch to screen, you can use any aspect ratio you want. But how can I do that in full screen mode? Your only options (as far as I know) are 4:3, 16:9, and stretch (which will match your screen resolution).

i don't understand why don't you use stretch
(08-30-2011, 10:49 PM)abdo123 Wrote: i don't understand why don't you use stretch

My monitor is 16:9, and my desktop resolution (native) is 16:9. Fullscreen stretch is 16:9, which is only appropriate for some games.
(08-30-2011, 10:57 PM)natt Wrote: My monitor is 16:9, and my desktop resolution (native) is 16:9. Fullscreen stretch is 16:9, which is only appropriate for some games.

my monitor is 16:10 i use stretch because 16:9 don't use all of my monitor everything working fine Smile
(08-30-2011, 11:00 PM)abdo123 Wrote: my monitor is 16:10 i use stretch because 16:9 don't use all of my monitor everything working fine Smile

Well sure, it all works fine, but it looks like squashed potatoes.

Anyway, I don't think what I'm asking for is possible, which is fine; I just want to make sure I haven't overlooked anything.
(08-30-2011, 11:01 PM)natt Wrote: Well sure, it all works fine, but it looks like squashed potatoes.

Anyway, I don't think what I'm asking for is possible, which is fine; I just want to make sure I haven't overlooked anything.

actually if your game ( most of mine do ) support wide screen it wont look like squashed potatoes
I think what you're after is true wide-screen support. AFAIK, that's totally dependant on the game itself. Some games can be changed to wide-screen in their options, and that negates that "squashed" look.
(08-30-2011, 11:15 PM)Rezard Wrote: I think what you're after is true wide-screen support. AFAIK, that's totally dependant on the game itself. Some games can be changed to wide-screen in their options, and that negates that "squashed" look.

Perhaps I'm a bit unclear. What I want is for the actual AR of the game to be shown in fullscreen mode. Since that doesn't match my monitor, it will be pillarboxed, which is fine.
Soooo-- You want the actual AR (4:3) to show in full-screen...?

And by "pillarboxed", you mean with the black boarders on the sides?
(08-30-2011, 11:34 PM)Rezard Wrote: Soooo-- You want the actual AR (4:3) to show in full-screen...?

And by "pillarboxed", you mean with the black boarders on the sides?

Yes, but not 4:3, the actual AR (It's approximately 1.43:1 in this case).