Cutscenes really choppy in Kingdom Hearts 1.
It'll play smooth for a second and then slow down to like 15 frames for a second over and over throughout any CG cutscene. Any ideas of why this is happening or how I fix it?

Specs:
AMD 1090T @3.8GHz (6-Core)
8GB 1333mhz RAM
2 x ATI HD5770s (crossfire)

Thanks for any help

Sponsored links

on a side note, depending on your MOBO you may want to get your ram up to 1600mhz, it helps a ton with computing (wont really help with PCSX2 much though), intel boards have XMP-1600, auto ram overclocking to 1600mhz

on topic, have you tried to use any speedhacks or run it at native resoloution

also, is that a bulldozer chip? some AMD chips they have known to be pieces of crap, especially with PCSX2, the older chips are actually faster and have better instructions
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
Are you running it from your DVD disc or from an ISO image? Also, use cpu=z to monitor your processor's clock speed while running PCSX2, see if it stays at 3,8 Ghz
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-06-2012, 06:04 AM)soratidus999 Wrote: on topic, have you tried to use any speedhacks or run it at native resoloution

also, is that a bulldozer chip? some AMD chips they have known to be pieces of crap, especially with PCSX2, the older chips are actually faster and have better instructions
I've tried every preset from 1-5. I also checked the multi-core one.

My processor is great. It never has trouble with any retail games.

(08-06-2012, 03:34 PM)Bositman Wrote: Are you running it from your DVD disc or from an ISO image? Also, use cpu=z to monitor your processor's clock speed while running PCSX2, see if it stays at 3,8 Ghz
I'm running it from the actual PS2 disc. Can that cause slowdowns?

Thanks guys for the help.
Yeah that could explain it. Try using imgburn (click Create image file from disc) to make an ISO image of your disc and run that instead.
(08-06-2012, 06:37 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah that could explain it. Try using imgburn (click Create image file from disc) to make an ISO image of your disc and run that instead.
That did the trick! Thanks a ton.
I've noticed that there are some cutscenes that have that common 3dmax flag timming issue, like, the camera of a cutscene and the animations start togethether with the audio but until the point it reaches an "angle view change" for a bit the model animation and audio stay on idle which looks weird (let's take the first cutscene of Kairi, Sora and Riku in Destiny Islands, Riku and Sora have a challenge in running, they run run run and they freeze for like 2 seconds but you can notice the animations of the sea and the waterfals are still going so their models stuck 'till the camera changes to Kairi). It is caused by miscalculating the cyrcles that are needed for a sequence, meaning that it calculates wrong how many cyrcles must be done from the start of a sequence till the end (You can replicate the same issue on Windows, so I guess it's caused by EE cyrclerate speedhack right?). You can notice the same issue on PS2 when it's used hours of playing) I think Dolphin emulator has that issue too with a couple of games.
(08-06-2012, 06:58 PM)TheLeapist Wrote: That did the trick! Thanks a ton.

No prob Smile