D3D Error on 1.7.xx
I've recently upgraded to v1.7 (I was previously using a combination of 1.4 and 1.5 so I've been away from the scene for a while :-) ) Anyway, the issue I'm trying to work around is getting 1.7 to work with Windows 7. I understand PCSX2 no longer supports 7 and I need to upgrade however I have other reasons that require this machine to remain on Windows 7 for a while longer. When I go to launch any game, PCSX2 immediately crashes, and the logs indicate a D3D error. I found an older thread where someone else had the same question/issue and it was stated:

"You're using windows 7, it is no longer supported in latest development builds. If you must use it, you will need to copy the GSdx and SPU2-X from the 1.6.0 release for it to work. The best option is for you to upgrade to windows 8.1 or later."

So my question is, in 1.6 the GSdx and SPU2-X files are located in the plugins folder however v1.7 does not have a plugins folder. Where should I copy these files to in the 1.7 folder structure? Are there any files I need to delete/remove within 1.7 and/or any configuration edits I need to make in ini's, etc... for 1.7 to see/recognize the old GSdx and SPU2-X files?

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you

Sponsored links

This was in very early 1.7 builds, when plugins system wasn't gone.
With latest Dev builds, you can't do this
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The 1.6.0 release's GSdx and SPU2-X must be copied over for it to function. You should update to Windows 8.1 or later at the earliest convenience.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]