DBZ Budokai 3 most demanding game?
(05-01-2013, 07:17 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: That's not the issue at hand anymore but to answer your question because I notice a difference between 4x and 6x.

What do you by strain on your hardware? You make it sound like if you keep it up it wont last as long. If this is what you mean then that is completely false. The hardware is meant to do that to begin with. Also from what you're saying do you play your games at lower settings (even though your GPU can handle it fine) just so it can "last longer?"

Indeed, it may not last long. Having a sport car able to run at 300 MPH does not mean it is meant to do it all the time.

PS: Several posts in several threads tried to warn about misconceptions, optimal usage and so on. Let's assume the hardware will work fine for long time, that is not even the real point, you are using it at far beyond the optimal, far on that side of the bell curve where you are near the least possible optimal usage. Ask yourself if the difference you see "while playing" is worthy threads like this.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(05-01-2013, 07:16 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Did you notice GPU usage practically at 100% in MSI afterburner?

No wonder GS is pointing small values, it is stalling and then stalling the whole emulation. MSI afterburner should be showing the core clock bellow but GPUz is good telling it also so that shown in it is probably the correct value.

Conclusion, no way PCSX2 should be taking so much from that card... unless it is being "abused".

Still you showed nothing about the CPU, that's a common error to believe the graphics engine is the only responsible for low FPS, it's not so in emulation ever, it's not so even for CPU bound PCs.

The OP states it's an i7 core overclocked at 4.5 GHz, but could be this very overclock the reason for issues.

Let's put this clearly, fade2black. Because you got a really good system you don't know how to use it.

WHAAA? LOL that's funny. I perfectly know how to use my system thank you. Its not my fault that the emulator (with the version I was using) had a fault in it. It works fine now with 5622. I did nothing at all but used different different version of the emulator.

As I stated previously 1.0.0 (stable) worked just fine and got normal frames then the 5605 1.1 version I used at first. Then I tried 5622 and it works fine as well. So this tells me its not my hardware as it was a fault in the emulator in itself. Now the problem seems to have gone away and its not an issue anymore. I just wanted to point it out is all.

Oh and my CPU usage never got higher than 14% it averaged around 5-11% mainly.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Since neither arguments or advices seem to work, I'm out. Good luck.

Ah, yes, is the emulator fault it is not working as expected when working out the specifications... very good that one. Anyway, maybe there is something the devs might look upon despite they are more concerned about compatibility and accuracy than performance. Sadly I can't test this specific game but is odd nobody complained about it and most people around here has far weaker machines.
(05-01-2013, 07:19 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Indeed, it may not last long. Having a sport car able to run at 300 MPH does not mean it is meant to do it all the time.

PS: Several posts in several threads tried to warn about misconceptions, optimal usage and so on. Let's assume the hardware will work fine for long time, that is not even the real point, you are using it at far beyond the optimal, far on that side of the bell curve where you are near the least possible optimal usage. Ask yourself if the difference you see "while playing" is worthy threads like this.

Like I said that's not the issue at hand anymore. It doesn't matter if I can or can't play games at 6x. 6x needs a lot more power over 5 x by far. 6x is incredible more taxing over 5x.

The cards are meant to be used to their max limits. If it kills the card then it was poorly made.

(05-01-2013, 07:32 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Since neither arguments or advices seem to work, I'm out. Good luck.

Ah, yes, is the emulator fault it is not working as expected when working out the specifications... very good that one. Anyway, maybe there is something the devs might look upon despite they are more concerned about compatibility and accuracy than performance. Sadly I can't test this specific game but is odd nobody complained about it and most people around here has far weaker machines.

I can understand that compatibility is more important than performance but it was still odd nad just wanted to point it out.
(05-01-2013, 07:33 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: Like I said that's not the issue at hand anymore. It doesn't matter if I can or can't play games at 6x. 6x needs a lot more power over 5 x by far. 6x is incredible more taxing over 5x.

The cards are meant to be used to their max limits. If it kills the card then it was poorly made.

I can understand that compatibility is more important than performance but it was still odd nad just wanted to point it out.

The devs thanks the user pointing the issues, but to be an issue it must be under normal usage.

That means the devs may want to look at loss of performance with 2x, 3x or even 4x (decreasing priority) and certainly would do it if happening even in native, but above this is difficult even to verify for lacking of available hardware... the option to upscale 5x and 6x exist but they aren't much significant because are suboptimal anyway.

Edit: The common and wise advice for most users is "reduce" the upscale if having issues. That is valid for weaker video cards as much as valid for strong ones, even more in this case because in this case is due to "abuse".

You stated to know how to use the hardware, I repeat that by the screenshot the card is working at 100% load, that's the reason the emulation is stalling, now I leave the conclusion to yourself.
My conclusion is that PCSX2 does use that much GPU power and my card is working correctly. Even on Native res with DBZ my GPU usage is 80-85%. Any other game thats really low spec'd doesn't use my card that much. It uses however much it needs to. Just with PCSX2 it does the same. It uses what is needed and apparently it needs a lot.