DBZ Budokai 3 most demanding game?
I was shocked to see how demanding this game was. Its more demanding than Shadow of the colossus even. I can run SoTC at 3x native res and get 60fps. In DBZ I have to play it at 2x native res with speed hacks on to get full 60. If were to go up to 3x native I would drop to 40fps in battles. Even DQ8 isn't this bad. They say those two games are the most demanding but I think DBZ 3 should be added to the top of the list as it beats both of them.

As for my system specs

I5 3570 4.5ghz
2GB 6950
8GB ddr3 1600
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

There must be something wrong with either your hardware, game or you use some strange/buggy pcsx2 version since Budokai series is one of the lightest games. One of the few games I ever tested that runs easily at x3 on my HD5670, it's not cpu demanding either;p.

You might try using "allow 8 bit textures"(in gsdx config) it usually helps in both budokai(include Infinite World which is basically updated B3) and budokai tenkaichi series games. You can also turn off any useless stuff like web browser especially if you use many addon's/extenshions or just randomly like to open 100+ pages as it all shares resources with pcsx2.

It's probably also worth checking if your gpu is actually used, your gpu is fast enough that possibly it wrongly get's into power saving state when you play such low demanding game;]. It could happen since AMD is from quite some time obsessed with power saving features and PC games usually reach different limitations than GSdx, "allow 8 bit textures" can actually be enough, if that's the problem since it usually makes it closer to pc game by putting more weight on gpu core and decreasing memory usage.
I tried 8bit textures and still had to put it down to 2x native. My PCSX2 version is 1.1 revision 5605. Yeah my GPU is getting used alright. CHecked it out with MSI Afterburner. When I put it on 6x native res it shot up to 96%. I got 3-5fps as well during the very first Piccolo cutscene with Kid Gohan. As for if my CPU usage at the time is pretty much non existent (5-11%). So my GPU is being used hard core.
GPU % usage can be high all right, but were it's clocks really at high at performance values(I guess it would be something around 800mhz on core and 1250mhz on memory) or sitting low in power saving? Couse in power saving state even browsing the net will show high gpu usage.

Just to be sure I tried exactly same revision and have no problem, runs at full speed at x3 and if I disable framelimiter I can see around 10-15 fps above desired full;p. And that's on a budget gpu that in most cases is limited to x2.

Hence either your HD6950 is sitting in power saving state or you have some other driver/system problem cause really this game is very light. I would try getting different drivers if I cared and had such gpu cause amd drivers do have quite a bit of fame in failing. But there's not really, so much improvement above x2 in my opinion as it does nothing at all to low res textures and other outdated graphic element which then stand out with their ugliness to care much about it to begin with;3.
GPU usage while using the web stays at 0-3%. So its not getting all used up for simple ordinary tasks. I would update my drivers but I really do not want to. I am sitting on older drivers but I have my reasons for doing so. Also newer drivers don't seem to benefit me either with my card anymore. All the driver updates seem to be geared toward the 7000 series anyways. So what the point in going higher? Also while updating drivers you also run the risk of other games running like crap as well. Its a gamble you have to be willing to take. I'm content at my current version which is 12.11. Yes they're out dated, old and beta drivers but I like them over 13.1.

It always seems to be driver issues on my end when I am getting crappy FPS in a game where I shouldn't be. It also seems like I am the only person who has experienced these kinds of problems as well and had so many of them. I never experienced these issues with Nvidia cards but other people with with AMD cards don't have these problems like I do either. It figures I am the only one. I seem to be lucky that way...

As for my GPU downclocking how can one REALLY be sure it really is? Would it show up in MSI AB on the slider bars with lower values than what they should be at if it was? If this is the case then the answer is no its not.

Do you find it weird I can run A LOT more demanding games on the emulator than I can with really lite base games such as this at better quality and results? It makes sense that every game runs differently but every game should be using the same set of files to run it shouldn't it? Isn't that how an emulator works no matter how demanding or lite a game is the emulator uses all the same files to emulate the game right? Or am I wrong here? If I am right then it doesn't really make sense that its my drivers but then again you're on a lesser vid card and specs overall than what I have and you have no problems... Its all just so confusing...
Have you tried using one of the desktop widgets like gpu meter? I know that one shows your current clock rates, so if its not running at its full clock rate you could tell at a glance.

You can find out here - http://addgadgets.com/gpu_meter/
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
As far as I know I don't have any widgets on my system. Anyway to enable that or download it?
Usually when you install a new widget it automatically gets placed on your desktop.

Otherwise, right click on your desktop, select gadgets, and drag it from there.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
The gadget doesn't even want to detect my vid card... Any other ideas?
Tried MSI afterburner?
Imagination is where we are truly real