DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 lags on good pc
Hi, I've bought a new pc, it's an high band laptop.
I'm using Pcsx2 0.9.8 and my pc requirements are:
CPU<- Intel Core i7-2670 2.2Ghz (Quad-core, up to 3.1 Ghz with Turboboost)
RAM<- 8 Gb
GRAPHICS CARD<- Amd Radeon HD 7690 xt 2gb dedicated memory

When I start the game it goes alright and in the menĂ¹ and in the intro it doesn't lag but when I start a fight, the audio goes slow and the game lags.

What settings should I put to avoid the lag, especially the audio lag (more annoying)?

Thanks.

Sponsored links

Check "Allow 8 bit textures" in GSdx config:]. That's all.
Edit: Oh and better update to latest version;3. 0.9.8 had "disappearing model parts" bug caused by bad "fix".
Thanks Smile
With new version and that option the games goes a bit more speedly and lags less, but the audio is still going slow and the game is slow too.
What should I enable? Speedhacks? I tried with them at max but it doesn't change a lot. What can I do?
Maybe overclock...
2.2 ghz is quite low for pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Overclock a laptop? Are you stupid? I don't want to ruin the warranty.
The game is still slow and the audio is creepy, strident.

My laptop has good requirements, I saw on youtube players running this game perfectly with low resources.

What should I change in the settings?
Looks like you actually know what to do...
So why did you come here looking for helP if you already know the answer ?

Just follow those youtube configs, and it should be fine ( provided youtube videos can be trusted, but since you seem to be so sure of it...)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Perhaps try these:-
  • Change the Round mode to Nearest and Clamp Mode to None in Both EE and VU's section.
  • Use Speedhacks : All the Reccomended ones and EE Cyclerate to 2 and VU Cycle Stealing to 1
  • Use Frameskip : 1 to draw and 2 to skip. or maybe higher
  • Try Allow 8-bit Texture
  • Change Windows Power Plan to High Performance : Important
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Oh noooes, Recoder posted his usual stuff again. xD
Do NOT use frameskip, your laptop doesn't need it for full speed, and it does kill the animation smoothness.

Unless you're trying to play in 2 player mode which is twice as demanding(at least in hardware rendering, software works differently and not being soo limited;]) that laptop power is more than ok even for a slight upscalling(I wouldn't try anything above x2 through as some stages are more demanding than others as well;P, x2+FXAA looks cool enough anyway).

Unless you never changed your windows power profile(or trying to play on battery;]), there's other potential problem you can have, loads of people having HD7xxx series gpu's seem to have problems with driver not giving enough power to pcsx2. Your graphic card should have enough juice, soo it probably just doesn't give pcsx2 enough of it. I heard that creating a profile in catalyst for pcsx2 can help with it, through I dunno I have a bit older radeon and it works without any problems.

There's also one other thing that can cause a slowdown, your gpu has a similar limitations that my hd5670 does, and whenever I open "a few"(a few too much;P) tabs in web browser, including even something as light as pcsx2 forums/site and especially heavy stuff like youtube etc. my gpu get's trashed with all that and this game slows down alot. PCSX2 doesn't have an actuall full screen mode soo it shares gpu with all the stuff you have in the background, if you do have alot of things opened, turning them off should help you. And you have to reach full fps(50 for pal/60 for NTSC) to play normal/full speed and fix the lags.
(08-18-2012, 10:40 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Looks like you actually know what to do...
So why did you come here looking for helP if you already know the answer ?

Just follow those youtube configs, and it should be fine ( provided youtube videos can be trusted, but since you seem to be so sure of it...)

I'm here to read suggestions about configurations becaues no one has my computer -.-"
Do you think overclock is a normal operation? No one would overclock a new pc only for a game...
(08-18-2012, 11:38 AM)recoder Wrote: Perhaps try these:-
  • Change the Round mode to Nearest and Clamp Mode to None in Both EE and VU's section.
  • Use Speedhacks : All the Reccomended ones and EE Cyclerate to 2 and VU Cycle Stealing to 1
  • Use Frameskip : 1 to draw and 2 to skip. or maybe higher
  • Try Allow 8-bit Texture
  • Change Windows Power Plan to High Performance : Important

Thanks a lot dude, now the game is playable but the sound is still strident. Any solution for this? Smile