DDR games with PCSX2
Brick 
So the emulation seems to work perfectly but no matter what I do there is always a latency between when I press the button on either a pad or controller it does not align up with arrows.

I have to imaging there is some magical configuration balance between the sound configuration and the video configuration that would allow for this game to work. Right now if I press and arrow about a half second before it would be spot on it registers as Perfect. 

Does anybody have any insight into this issue? I've tried DDR Max, DDR Max 2, DDR SuperNova.

Thanks!!

~ ethero

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You will probably need to use portaudio as the output module then drag both sliders (the one under the output selection and the one in the "configure" section) down as low as you can get them without it sounding bad.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Don't forget that there is a timing setting in-game like Guitar Hero has that allows you to fine tune the timing of the arrows with the sound.
(03-29-2017, 06:05 AM)CK1 Wrote: Don't forget that there is a timing setting in-game like Guitar Hero has that allows you to fine tune the timing of the arrows with the sound.

Yeah, and that timing setting in Guitar hero gives WILDLY different latencies everytime you try to calibrate it (and I know this isn't me, on the real hardware it is spot on and I am able to play expert without much issues). Problem here is just that the timings in this emulator suck too much (eg. not accurate enough) to be usable for most (if any) rhythm games.
(03-28-2017, 10:46 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Hardware Specs: Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 @ 3.4GHz , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro
Version: 1.4.0
Settings: All settings currently at default
Attempted to play : DDR Max 2 ( from both ISO and DVD ), DDR SuperNova ( from both ISO and DVD)
(03-29-2017, 06:05 AM)CK1 Wrote: Don't forget that there is a timing setting in-game like Guitar Hero has that allows you to fine tune the timing of the arrows with the sound.

I will play around with the in-game timing, although I'm a little skeptical that it will completely fix the issue. It seems like sometimes I hit the button and it's on when it should be and then it's off again. It's like it's getting on and off track, but both tracks are somewhat wrong...