DMC1 text problems - any known fix?
So I recently decided to play Devil May Cry 1 again. I'm using the newest version of PCSX2 and I got that huge problem- no text shown. Nowhere. Not on the items, when I tried to save, nowhere. I saw some people having the same problem here, it is only fixed by toggling into software mode. But, in software mode I'm stuck with the native resolution...
So I'm asking if anyone knows any other fix for this? In my list of plugins I don't have version lower than 0.1.16. I tried using dx9,10,11 - still only software mode shows texts. My pc ain't the issue for sure, corei7, 8gb ram and 4gb vram. I remember playing DMC1 on my old pc with pcsx version 0.9.6 and not having that problem, but first: that version totally bugged on my new pc, and the old one barley ran the game so I can't play it there.
If anyone can help somehow?
btw: apart from missing text, I also don't see my health bar and items.
I'm adding an image where you can see a wrong texture bar in the left right corner appearing where the health bar should be. [Image: j55u.png]

Sponsored links

See the reply from silver112 in http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Devil-May...cs-problem
CPU:intel core i5 2430m
GPU:nvidia GeForce GT 520M 1GB
RAM:4 GB
(09-08-2013, 10:38 PM)theodore7 Wrote: See the reply from silver112 in http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Devil-May...cs-problem

That really removes the line but still doesn't show text. :/ I can toggle between software and hardware mode to see the text but then I have to do the 'select-options-back' thing again because the rectangular texture appears again.
I don't even get what causes the problem in text only. There should be some more steady fix? Unsure
From the previous tread I get it has something to do with the revisions, maybe someone could look into it?
Which revision and settings do you use? It could be that new revisions made the game broken. I've completely finished this game 3 month ago on Pcsx2_r5623 revision (same gsdx plugin), and except health bar issue (which is fixed by options trick), hanging after some FMV's, and broken sound in intro FMV (that one before the menu) the game is perfectly playable.
(09-09-2013, 07:58 AM)Dant Wrote: Which revision and settings do you use? It could be that new revisions made the game broken. I've completely finished this game 3 month ago on Pcsx2_r5623 revision (same gsdx plugin), and except health bar issue (which is fixed by options trick), hanging after some FMV's, and broken sound in intro FMV (that one before the menu) the game is perfectly playable.

well I was using r5350 but now I got r5620 and it works! Text is shown even in hardware mode. The line is still there but the options thing fixes it. Thank you! Biggrin