DOA2 Hardcore(Japanese) input problem.
pcsx2 v1.7.2711 nightly version
No Hacks, Internal Resolution 6X, Anisotropic filtering 16X

When I press analog button, I can't use normal punch and kick.
If I play as Kasumi, after I press analog button, normal kick turns to somersault kick.
In practice mode, when I press kick button, command line shows it's kick. But Kasumi do somersault kick.
Is there possible solution?

Sponsored links

Just checked on real hardware, and yep, with analog mode enabled normal kick and button became something else when fully pressed, but if you pressed it gently, it became normal punch/kick. If I had to guess, looks like this game is actually utilizes Dual Shock 2's pressure sensitive buttons.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
I also have real hardware. But on real ps2, it never happened. Maybe this is pcsx2 problem.
(05-22-2022, 12:37 AM)Kutcha Wrote: I also have real hardware. But on real ps2, it never happened. Maybe this is pcsx2 problem.

Are you sure you didn't have the analog turned off? (This game turned it off by default)
Because on me, you'll need to press it gently to register it as normal punch/kick with the analog enabled due to the game utilizes pressure sensitive buttons.

Anyway, as a workaround you can play with the Sensitivity for each buttons in the pad settings. I think values between 0.100-0.200 is enough for the game to register it as normal punch/kick.
Hmm, I got all the costumes with my real PS2.
And on real console(sure I activated analog, and I know analog off is default), whether I press button strongly or not, I could use all the skills as I intended.
Maybe you confused XBOX DOA3 or 2 Ultimate.
They have analog input. But they also have option about it.
(05-22-2022, 04:49 AM)Kutcha Wrote: Hmm, I got all the costumes with my real PS2.
And on real console(sure I activated analog, and I know analog off is default), whether I press button strongly or not, I could use all the skills as I intended.
Maybe you confused XBOX DOA3 or 2 Ultimate.
They have analog input. But they also have option about it.

Nope, the PS2 version does it too, because I just tested it as soon I saw your post here.
Is your controller you used on real PS2 even have pressure sensitive buttons?
(05-22-2022, 05:22 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: Nope, the PS2 version does it too, because I just tested it as soon I saw your post here.
Is your controller you used on real PS2 even have pressure sensitive buttons?

Ok. Now I tested, too. But there was no problem. I use dualshock2. Are you sure you tested Japanese version?
(05-22-2022, 05:38 AM)Kutcha Wrote: Ok. Now I tested, too. But there was no problem. I use dualshock2. Are you sure you tested Japanese version?

Yes, I tested it with the JP ver of DOA2HC which is exactly the same as you. Ah, one more thing, since I mentioned pressing it gently, I mean really really gently (I realized it after I posted the sensitivity value workaround). But, still it so weird that you don't have to pressing the buttons gently with the analog turned on (On mine I have to, otherwise Kasumi executes Sommersault Kick/Elbow Punch or whatever it's called). Is your DS2 original? (Even funny, mine is actually a fake one, yet it still has the pressure sensitivity).
(05-22-2022, 05:48 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: Yes, I tested it with the JP ver of DOA2HC which is exactly the same as you. Ah, one more thing, since I mentioned pressing it gently, I mean really really gently (I realized it after I posted the sensitivity value workaround). But, still it so weird that you don't have to pressing the buttons gently with the analog turned on (On mine I have to, otherwise Sommersault Kick/Uppercut).
It's odd. I tested on SCPH-90000 Korean console. And I didn't care about button pressure. I could use any skill without trouble. Soft is Hardcore, not original Doa2. Anyway thanks for reply.
I found solution!
Just uncheck analogue input.