DQ8 various missing effects
Hello everyone, im new to pcsx2 emulation as now I have a beastly comp that can run this thing full speed no prob at around 2048x2048 res. However I have noticed that with the latest official release Im not getting all the effects of this wonderful game. Bloom is missing as well as shadows :drool:, I guess their called Post-processing effects? im not really sure, also there is a black line that cuts off any form of water near the hero, and flash back videos basically turn too a ugly brownish screen, its a very strange effect. Any help would be appreciated or if there is older versions of plugins that can run these you could point my way, thank you!

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
What renderer are you using? Bloom, lighting and shadows often (though not always) like to use the blending unit, which is barely if at all supported on DX9 and DX11, but is supported fairly well on OpenGL. If you're not using OpenGL, try switching to it and see if that improves it.