DQVIII fix for jumping textures
Redacted

Sponsored links

Just drop it, or take it to PM guys.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Other than the (pointless) flaming, can someone actually list all the GSdx hardware bugs (and exactly where they occur), which of these are fixed by SW mode or other HW hacks/options for the sake of documenting them?

Thanks
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I'll do a quick run of the game with some exp cheats so it won't slow me down, I'll take a stab at documenting issues that occur, but it'll be nitpicked. If anyone see's something/knows something that I missed, feel free to chime in.
Cool, when you're done you can post your results in the compatibility thread of the game, and maybe we could also add em to the wiki
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-10-2015, 11:57 AM)Bositman Wrote: Other than the (pointless) flaming, can someone actually list all the GSdx hardware bugs (and exactly where they occur), which of these are fixed by SW mode or other HW hacks/options for the sake of documenting them?

Thanks

DX11 Hardware
  • Waterfall Cave Rainbow Water (deepest cavern of the cave). Water Has a rainbow hue on it when it should not. Fixed by software mode
  • Water refractions. Any cave areas with water will produce an odd blue hue on the walls that will appear and disappear depending on the angle viewed. Fixed by software mode.
  • Jumping Textures. (easy place to reproduce it is the walkway up to the Albert mansion in Alexandria). Fixed by software mode.
  • No Shadows. As pointed out by BigBenn fixed by either software mode or setting skipdraw to 1.
  • Lines and points on text. As pointed out by BigBenn fixed by either software mode, setting resolution to native, or the WildArms hack.
  • Some FMV's don't play correctly. Fixed by toggling software mode
  • Glitching trenchcoat. The bottom ends of the main characters trenchcoat will spaz out sometimes when sitting still. Seems to be wind related. I don't have a fix for this.
=/ I had so much written out, all ruined by a crash, which sucks.

I'll just add to Bomblords post.

Hardware Native -

When using WildArmsOffset HW Hack, the main menu/select screen will have judder, non-issue, slightly annoying.

There is a spot under the bridge in the first village, next to the cobblestone pathway, the terrain deforms and creates a shadow, not an LOD issue. Occurs in software mode, non issue, no known fix. I don't know if it occurs on the real PS2, I may have to check it out.

If the camera is close to certain fire, there may be straight lines of fire, first noticeable appearance is the pub in the first village. Non-issue, software rendering fix...

HP and MP bars are misaligned, supposed fix from PCSX2 video is to enable WildArmsOffset HW Hack, but this doesn't fix it on my end, minor issue. Software Rendering fix.

Some baked in shadows will dance/flicker. Most noticeable area I can recall is the pub in the first village, the hanging hand towel and plates will flicker when walking up the stairs. This also occurs in software mode, no known fix (I will check this out on a retail PS2 as well).

=/ Man I had so much more, sorry.
(03-10-2015, 03:04 PM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: =/ I had so much written out, all ruined by a crash, which sucks.

I'll just add to Bomblords post.

Hardware Native -

When using WildArmsOffset HW Hack, the main menu/select screen will have judder, non-issue, slightly annoying.

There is a spot under the bridge in the first village, next to the cobblestone pathway, the terrain deforms and creates a shadow, not an LOD issue. Occurs in software mode, non issue, no known fix. I don't know if it occurs on the real PS2, I may have to check it out.

If the camera is close to certain fire, there may be straight lines of fire, first noticeable appearance is the pub in the first village. Non-issue, no known fix

HP and MP bars are misaligned, supposed fix from PCSX2 video is to enable WildArmsOffset HW Hack, but this doesn't fix it on my end, minor issue. Software Rendering fix.

Some baked in shadows will dance/flicker. Most noticeable area I can recall is the pub in the first village, the hanging hand towel and plates will flicker when walking up the stairs. This also occurs in software mode, no known fix (I will check this out on a retail PS2 as well).

=/ Man I had so much more, sorry.

I've noticed that the fire "heat distortion" is actually a bunch of squares I wasn't sure if this was actually an issue or just a side effect of making the effect clearer.

Edit: It can be seen above the main characters head in this screenshot
[Image: dqviiihd7huqq.png]
Did you try changing to software mode? Press F9, and see if it's still there, that's a different "issue" then the lines.
(03-10-2015, 03:32 PM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: Did you try changing to software mode? Press F9, and see if it's still there, that's a different "issue" then the lines.

I haven't noticed it in software mode or in native res but I think that's just due to the lower resolution "smoothing" out the effect.