DS3+DS4 Conroller config issues
Hey there,

My old PS2 is slowly dying, thats why I'm trying to switch to my livingroom PC and emulate my PS2. In fact that worked pretty well, except one issue.
This Windows 10 machine has two (original) DS3 controllers connected with SCPToolkit via BT and one (original) DS4 controller with DS4windows (new version by ryochan7) via BT. Those controllers didn't had any issues so far in Steam or other games.

My Problem:
Setting up and configuring the controllers is no problem. BUT when one or more controllers disconnecting or the PC restarts they changing their order (Xinput and/or DXcontroller).
So the LiliPad config does not point to the correct controllers. It depends "where" the controllers get "connected" or registered by SCPToolkit or DS4windows.

What I tried so far:
Different combinations between Xinput and DX Controller configs for pad 1 and pad 2. But its always the same result: some times it works, sometimes not. 

Here what LilyPad is showing (without config):
[Image: UxGCwPF.png]

[Image: RByXDMv.png][Image: 6EkN5jj.png]

Any idea if it is possible to resolve this with LilyPad config?

I would at least wanrt to get this config:
  Pad1: DS4 and DS3-1
  Pad2: DS3-2

Thanks

Sponsored links

if you have the ps4 controller use my lilypad preset
just override in the ini folder.
and also import my presets for ds4windows.

Attached Files
.rar   LilyPad.rar (Size: 1,2 KB / Downloads: 149)
.rar   pcsx2,demul.rar (Size: 1,03 KB / Downloads: 115)
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(11-25-2020, 01:36 PM)smartstrike Wrote: if you have the ps4 controller use my lilypad preset
just override in the ini folder.
and also import my presets for ds4windows.

Thanks for your quick response!
I took a look into your config files. Unfortunatly your DS4 config is 2.5 years old and it seams that you are using a much older DS4 version than me. My is version 2.1.17 (here).
But either way, except the fact that your config is missing around half the lines, I believe its not changing anithing important. But I'll look deeper into that, as soon as I find time. Maybe you can point me to the right direction if Im missing the key point.

Unfourtunatly your Lilipad config file didn't work for me. Apart from not setting up a second controller (which was my main problem), the controller for in Pad1 was not recognized at all. Same here: did I miss something?

Thanks again!
best idea : use steam instead of ds4windows
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You can use one of my profiles. I've also added more info and the presets: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windo...#pid615297

Attached Files
.xml   Red.xml (Size: 6,39 KB / Downloads: 117)
.xml   NoLightDefault.xml (Size: 6,39 KB / Downloads: 112)
(11-26-2020, 02:43 PM)jesalvein Wrote: best idea : use steam instead of ds4windows

Im not shure if thats a joke or i dont get whats your point is Biggrin  With Steam you mean Steam the platform from Valve, right? How should steam fix any of my problems? I know they have support for PS-controllers but not outside their environment. Or am I wrong?

(11-26-2020, 06:18 PM)RedDevilus Wrote: You can use one of my profiles. I've also added more info and the presets: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windo...#pid615297

Thanks! I'll have a look at your post and try those config files, as soon as possible
(11-26-2020, 09:09 PM)chrisrevoltes Wrote: Im not shure if thats a joke or i dont get whats your point is Biggrin  With Steam you mean Steam the platform from Valve, right? How should steam fix any of my problems? I know they have support for PS-controllers but not outside their environment. Or am I wrong?
You're wrong.
Add pcsx2 as non-steam app, and launch pcsx2 though steam.
It works wonderfully with DS3 & DS4
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Both methods work as well, it's more a preference thing.
(11-26-2020, 09:15 PM)jesalvein Wrote: You're wrong.
Add pcsx2 as non-steam app, and launch pcsx2 though steam.
It works wonderfully with DS3 & DS4
Ok, now I got it. But unfurtunatly thats not an option for me. Till few weeks, I used the DS4 controller to controll the OS and start Steam and do most thinks you need mouse and keyboard. Thanks to DS4windows the DS4 controller is really powerfull.

Now at this point the more I'm puting efford in that, Im hinking about dooing an all-in-one-machine putting all the others away (so I don't kill them unitentionaly). But thats an other story Biggrin

(11-26-2020, 11:31 PM)RedDevilus Wrote: Both methods work as well, it's more a preference thing.
Your configs partially worked, but at some point i messed thinks up.
At the end I ended with a workaround, editing the lilypad config manualy so that pad 1 listens at Xinput 0 & 2 and pad 2 at XInput 1 & 3. That way both PS3 controllers are distributed correctly between pad 1 and pad 2. It seams that this config works for most testcases here. (hopefully Biggrin )

But for some reason my PS4 controller (or DS4windows) stops sending XInput commands. Any idea on this? I did not configre hidninja or something else (at least i think so).

And a last question: XInput isn't the same as DirectInput or?
I found this question here regarding whether its possible to change the order of game controllers. That guy wrote a programm changing order for those (https://github.com/briankendall/devreorder)

Thanks again
DirectInput is legacy and like it's name directly access gamepads, not every gamepad is made the same which can screw up some things.
Here comes the solution Xinput, inputs are translated into Xbox360 inputs which is in effect an emulation on the gamepad side which streamlines the process.

Xinput made it easier to implement gamepad support in PC games, steam has a different approach than what LilyPad does:
LilyPad accepts DirectInput or Xinput where-as Steam converts everything to Xinput wrapper with some custom love for the background and ease of use.
Right now they are implementing the DS5 (or officially the DualSense).

Besides if you have problems with my DS4Profiles, you just have to change the emulated controller in the other tab to Xbox360 which is similar approach to how steam does it but only for specific controllers (mostly DS4).

Xinput isn't perfect though;
Player 1 is Xinput Pad 0
Player 2 is Xinput Pad 1

Sometimes it doesn't flush/clear the old IDs which is the process to forget assigned Pads to give it to a controller, PCSX2 has it configured for Pad 0, you could right click and switch between pads in LilyPad to switch IDs, configure it yourself or what i have done just configure several controller IDs to Player 1.

DS4 is also annoying in the part that it has 2 syncing modes, it activates both DirectInput and Xinput and on Ryochan7 fork they have re-enabled Hide DS4 for problems with this although it's quite finicky (or disabling Dinput in LilyPad should help).