DS4 To XInput Wrapper
(01-22-2014, 10:13 PM)Insanelycool Wrote: I tested this on my VM and there are no errors being reported. It looks like its not even initializing the scpdriver at all with your program, but inhexsters versions work fine.
Is there a different API call you are using? I tried to track down what part of windows adds the APIs that have changed since windows xp... I am leaning towards this being the issue, but I can't locate anything that is missing. I've installed all required software, updated everything in windows ect. I've pretty much hit a dead end troubleshooting this for now.

I've done the .bat thing and the output.txt file is empty. Nada. Nothing. So I guess I hit a dead end as well Sad

Any ideas electrobrains?

Sponsored links

So I just downloaded 1.2.1 and I lost all Rumble support. What gives?
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
(01-23-2014, 12:22 AM)Mkilbride Wrote: So I just downloaded 1.2.1 and I lost all Rumble support. What gives?

Here with this version works fine? Try to stop and run the service.
(01-23-2014, 01:12 AM)andgtr08 Wrote: Here with this version works fine? Try to stop and run the service.

Wait, you HAVE rumble in 1.2.1? And you got back by stopping and starting the service again once you open DS4tool? Because wireless rumble works for me, but wired doesn't; I'll have to try your trick.
@Electrobrains so when do you feel like we can have a chat and decide on how to rewrite/structure new version.
Latest version: DS4 1.2.2
Development: DS4 1.3 RC3

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.
(01-23-2014, 01:49 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: Wait, you HAVE rumble in 1.2.1? And you got back by stopping and starting the service again once you open DS4tool? Because wireless rumble works for me, but wired doesn't; I'll have to try your trick.

Hmm, here i use in BT mode.
(01-22-2014, 10:29 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: Okay, so 1.2.1 is making me weep tears of damn joy. It's perfect. NO lag, NO disconnects, and the touch pad mode switching this is absolutely fantastic. Thank you SO MUCH for making this work the way it does. Thank you to EVERYONE involved! Laugh

EDIT: Okay, so there are a couple issues in wired mode. The rumble doesn't register when changing touch pad modes, even though it DOES rumble when switching in wireless mode. Personally, as long as it actually changes the modes (and it does), I don't mind this, but it might be good to put in so you don't have to be looking at the DS4tool screen in the middle of a game.

The second weird thing is that the light bar doesn't change colors when the controller is plugged in anymore; it just does it's pulsating yellow charging light. Honestly, though, I actually prefer that, so I can see that my controller is charging just by looking at it. It might get confusing if several controllers are plugged in, though.

Again, thanks for everything you guys have been doing!

EDIT 2: It looks like rumble isn't working at all in wired USB mode anymore; even regular rumble in games won't register. Wireless Bluetooth rumble still works great.
Thank you for your testing and your kind words! I need to consolidate all the details about my branch of development somewhere: I am not trying to work hard at all for having USB work versus spending my time making Bluetooth work /better/. Bluetooth is considered the native interface, and apparently the PlayStation 4 speaks only Bluetooth and uses USB only for charging (and presumably automatic pairing). Knowing what I know about developers, the USB support will be an afterthought and not given the testing and care that the canonical Bluetooth interface has.

I definitely want to make sure USB all works well and works identically but there's no reason to believe it will have a noticeable difference in latency wired versus wireless. The real difference is the random packet loss that can occur with wireless and would not occur with a wired signal.

(01-23-2014, 02:02 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: @Electrobrains so when do you feel like we can have a chat and decide on how to rewrite/structure new version.

I think either Thursday or Friday would be good. We have a few other fellow developers/advanced testers whose schedules I could not know, but I think we could discuss a lot of ideas in (realistically) a couple of hours. Maybe plan to all virtually meet up Friday and discuss things for as long as it seems productive?
(01-23-2014, 12:10 AM)steakandcheese Wrote: I've done the .bat thing and the output.txt file is empty. Nada. Nothing. So I guess I hit a dead end as well Sad

Any ideas electrobrains?

Okay, I can add a bunch of debugging messages to the next iteration of my current branch that I do. That may help track it down, but one sure-fire way would be if I had virtual desktop access to your machine and you installed Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Desktop. We would be able to build, debug, and rebuild new versions of it together. I guess we would be on the phone too? If you're up for that I don't mind dedicating some time to debugging your specific computer in real-time.
(01-23-2014, 02:42 AM)electrobrains Wrote: Thank you for your testing and your kind words! I need to consolidate all the details about my branch of development somewhere: I am not trying to work hard at all for having USB work versus spending my time making Bluetooth work /better/. Bluetooth is considered the native interface, and apparently the PlayStation 4 speaks only Bluetooth and uses USB only for charging (and presumably automatic pairing). Knowing what I know about developers, the USB support will be an afterthought and not given the testing and care that the canonical Bluetooth interface has.

I definitely want to make sure USB all works well and works identically but there's no reason to believe it will have a noticeable difference in latency wired versus wireless. The real difference is the random packet loss that can occur with wireless and would not occur with a wired signal.

I really appreciate you looking into it. Yeah, I'll mostly use the controller through Bluetooth, I admit. I just find it odd that the functionality disappeared when it was already there in previous versions. Then again, I know absolutely nothing about programming. Tongue
(01-22-2014, 11:39 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: I would love someone who has more experience than me to create a sleep GUI. As I agree, using windows forms does the job, but it looks like something form Win 98.

Im not a designer but i will give it a shot and i could start with an alternate skin for the tool, but im also interested to implement some new features for customization.

So whats the best way to contribute? In github its much easier to see what branches exist and who is developing what.