DS4 To XInput Wrapper
I guess what I'm asking is if there's any interest in taking these vendor-defined functions and emulating a generic DirectInput joystick. (As an option outside of 360/Xinput emulation.) Mapping the gyro to joystick axes, for example.

Only use-case I can think of is Wii emulation though, so probably not that important. I've no doubt you know how to support that better than I do.

If I can play Mario Galaxy again someday on my PC instead of my Wii and without bloody waggle rubbish, with gyro for motion and trackpad for pointer, then I'm happy.

(01-24-2014, 01:40 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: The reason trackpad works because we invoking WinAPI to trigger mouse motions/clicks

DirectInput inside DS4 does not pass Gyro/Acc as extra axis, its in vendor-defined portion of HID. Also DirectInpit of 360 controller is also quite limited

Sponsored links

(01-24-2014, 01:40 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: The reason trackpad works because we invoking WinAPI to trigger mouse motions/clicks

DirectInput inside DS4 does not pass Gyro/Acc as extra axis, its in vendor-defined portion of HID. Also DirectInpit of 360 controller is also quite limited

If we don't implement a true HID pointer driver, we cannot get a system to display a mouse pointer at all unless another pointing device is already plugged in. We also can't support certain games and definitely will fail when we hit a UAC dialog. I don't think it will be that much work. Definitely I am looking forward to us brainstorming a modular design that lets the user have total control of all the sensors and output devices.
First off thank you for your hard work you guys have opened a whole new world of fun for us controller freaks Laugh

Any chance of having 2 or 3 user programmable hot keys...like TAB and a couple of letters?
(01-24-2014, 01:20 AM)SonofUgly Wrote: Could you make it so that if you enable an option for sixaxis, it would show up as a second controller that just used the input from gyro/acc?

i like this idea, like i said this could be use for mouse rather then touch and then perhaps use touchpad for gestures or something else.

BTW this game has awesome viberation and function in new metal gear game. sick game to try if u like intense sword fights

(01-24-2014, 01:24 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: That would be cumbersome but possible, you can use one of axis that used for sticks to do so.

The plan i have for the future in rewritten version to have .dll for devlopers to retrieve any data they want. So essentially emulator developers could create native support for DS4, bypassing xinput

like i said use it for mouse rather then touch. six axis in ds4 supposed to be real good and one the main use of it for ps4 users.
(01-24-2014, 04:31 AM)DeathWish Wrote: i like this idea, like i said this could be use for mouse rather then touch and then perhaps use touchpad for gestures or something else.

BTW this game has awesome viberation and function in new metal gear game. sick game to try if u like intense sword fights

like i said use it for mouse rather then touch. six axis in ds4 supposed to be real good and one the main use of it for ps4 users.

six axis is useless until games that support it are made and by that time gika will be out so we will have full use, the main purpose of this program is to emulate x360 controller for games that only support xinput if what you want is a way to emulate a wii controller to use with dolphin which is the only thing that would support it then that would be a new program completely written to do that , ohhh before you bring up motion joy and how six axis works well that was written as a ds3 driver from scratch then x360 emu was added to begin with this is an xinput wrapper wich is a very diferent thing this is a tool were as motion joy was a driver in its self .in order for this to work they would have to write a whole new driver I hope this answers your questions as to why its a problem ,[as far as the speaker goes that might actually work as a remote headset ] but it will take some time to figure out a way to fully implement this ,if im not mistaken the rumble works off sound input and that means that getting the headset working might break rumble unless the guys can figure out a way to get it working as a bluetooth headset wich the ability is there like if you plug a x360 gamepad in with a headset attached a sound driver installs and if some one figures out how to hook it with the ds4 then we in the money
Is there any possiblity of button mapping in future?
@InhexSTER & @electrobrains
We want to watch your hangout, so please post the hangout link here and tell us when you will begin the hangout in GMT time
(01-24-2014, 03:42 PM)Web Developer Wrote: @InhexSTER & @electrobrains
We want to watch your hangout, so please post the hangout link here and tell us when you will begin the hangout in GMT time

I will be available approximately after 5PM EST (10PM GMT)
Latest version: DS4 1.2.2
Development: DS4 1.3 RC3

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.
(01-24-2014, 04:48 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: I will be available approximately after 5PM EST (10PM GMT)

please don't forget to post hangout link here and record your hangout to make it available for the people who have missed the live session, thank you very much for your response
(01-24-2014, 05:12 AM)eyencee Wrote: six axis is useless until games that support it are made and by that time gika will be out so we will have full use, the main purpose of this program is to emulate x360 controller for games that only support xinput if what you want

wow dude ill stop ya there. for 1 one dont be trolling me telling me what i want. 2 Ive been beta testing this app from awhile back as i use this for pc games and FFXIV, ask them where the one mouse left and right click came from. never said i wanted axis for gaming. I SAID MOUSE. and i wasnt talkin to you or asking your opinion. Sure Inter and Electro dont mind my input.

Alright who let the trolls post?