DS4 To XInput Wrapper
(02-19-2014, 01:50 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: It's only for custom WinUSB driver. I noticed that wndproc doesn't work well on windows 7. But timeout solution still works.

Facepalm. Of course.

In that case I imagine ReadFile is better as its more direct?

I see you've encountered what I mentioned earlier regarding WndProc. Timeout is all I see working really. I was at the stage where hot plug functionality for both BT and USB would quickly connect/disconnect without any performance issues, but it would attempt multiple reconnects during a disconnect or connect which just didn't look graceful.

I have tested the HidD_GetSerialNumberString call which successfully returns a serial of some sort, but am not sure how unique this is as I only have one controller at the moment. Could you confirm if you get the chance that is in fact unique per physical device? It would be nice to save settings per serial number instead of per order connected.
DS4 Xinput Tool: My Final Contribution
electrobrains' DS4Windows

Intel Core i5 4670K, G.Skill 1866MHz 8GB, ASRock Z87 Extreme3, MSI GTX 770 4GB, 128GB SSD, 3TB HDD, Custom Windows 7SP1.

Sponsored links

(02-19-2014, 02:15 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: Facepalm. Of course.

In that case I imagine ReadFile is better as its more direct?

I see you've encountered what I mentioned earlier regarding WndProc. Timeout is all I see working really. I was at the stage where hot plug functionality for both BT and USB would quickly connect/disconnect without any performance issues, but it would attempt multiple reconnects during a disconnect or connect which just didn't look graceful.

I have tested the HidD_GetSerialNumberString call which successfully returns a serial of some sort, but am not sure how unique this is as I only have one controller at the moment. Could you confirm if you get the chance that is in fact unique per physical device? It would be nice to save settings per serial number instead of per order connected. In the future MAC suppose to be ID for the device

Regarding performance i noticed that isConnected is quite slow operation, so i will try to eliminate need to do full check. WndProc works flawlessly on Win8 but on win 7 for me it doesn't detect USB events.
Also quite few bugs keep poping up, the options menu being stuck opened, need sixaxis sliders are messed up where is more then 1 controller. Going to try fix most of it tomorrow
Latest version: DS4 1.2.2
Development: DS4 1.3 RC3

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.
BLUETOOTH FINALLY WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BLUETOOTH FINALLY WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Windows 7 64bit.

OMFG~!!!!!!!!! I've been trying to get bluetooth dongle to work with native windows driver for ETERNITY!!!!!!!

I had bought a piece of SH*T (REALLY CHEAP) CSR8510 chipset V 4.0 + EDR and IT WOULD NOT F*CKING WORK..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I bought BROADCOM chipset V 4.0 + EDR and IT WORKS PERFECTLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Inote Bluetooth 4.0 Dual Mode Mini Dongle BU-4096)

the broadcom one, when I plugged it in, windows automatically DOWNLOADED the specific windows driver FOR IT. the CSR one never did.

ALSO:
Go to START icon and type in services.msc and select services.

The dialog box that opens has a long list of stuff but look for BLUETOOTH SUPPORT SERVICE. Double click to open. Make sure it is AUTOMATIC. Go to the LOG tab. Choose THIS ACCOUNT and type in LOCAL SERVICE. A list of password (a 15-dot string) would appear. Delete all the password in the PASSWORD and under CONFIRM. Choose Okay.

Then RESTART the service.

AND THEN PAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! windows automatically installed "HID compliant game controller"

the CSR one, even when sucessfully paired, never installed that.

BAM!!!!!!!! FU*CK YEA!!!!!! EVERYTHING works. led, touch pad, rumble......................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to InhexSTER for his amazing work and help!
Thanks for an amazing tool! I went out to the electronics district after my exams and bought one of these sweet controllers.

It's amazing, except I can't figure out how to turn it off. It's just lying here gloriously glowing while I can't keep my fingers away from it. Any help here?

I thought holding the PS logo would do the trick, instead I found out that steam can be controlled with this little thing. Great thing but not what I hoped for.
(02-18-2014, 09:01 PM)[email protected] Wrote: Hi,
i have a bit of a Problem. I dont have a bluetoothadapter yet, so im using usb. My OS is Win 7 64bit.
It works totally fine with Version 1.1, but it says in the readme that it doesnt Support rumble with Bluetooth.
Cause i want to buy a Adapter, i downloaded 1.2.
But there, rumble does not work (on USB).
Will it work with Bluetooth?

+is there a recommendet Adapter, cause i read that there is a Problem with some of them.

thx

No one has a clue? :-(
(02-19-2014, 10:28 AM)Olof Wrote: Thanks for an amazing tool! I went out to the electronics district after my exams and bought one of these sweet controllers.

It's amazing, except I can't figure out how to turn it off. It's just lying here gloriously glowing while I can't keep my fingers away from it. Any help here?

I thought holding the PS logo would do the trick, instead I found out that steam can be controlled with this little thing. Great thing but not what I hoped for.

Holding the PS logo in for around 10 seconds turns it off. We're working on a software method to do this.

Intel Core i5 4670K, G.Skill 1866MHz 8GB, ASRock Z87 Extreme3, MSI GTX 770 4GB, 128GB SSD, 3TB HDD, Custom Windows 7SP1.
(02-19-2014, 11:52 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: Holding the PS logo in for around 10 seconds turns it off. We're working on a software method to do this.

That boots up steam for me, the fullscreen version.
(02-19-2014, 01:45 PM)Olof Wrote: That boots up steam for me, the fullscreen version.

Even if pressing the button does something holding it in for longer should turn off the controller.

Otherwise, have you tried turning off the XInput wrapper first?

(02-19-2014, 04:22 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: Regarding performance i noticed that isConnected is quite slow operation, so i will try to eliminate need to do full check. WndProc works flawlessly on Win8 but on win 7 for me it doesn't detect USB events.
Also quite few bugs keep poping up, the options menu being stuck opened, need sixaxis sliders are messed up where is more then 1 controller. Going to try fix most of it tomorrow

Ah yes I suppose the sixaxis sliders would struggle with multiple controllers - I actually never intended on keeping them there after adding them to the custom mapping. I am starting to think that the Options not closing is a Windows 8 issue, or somehow environment related as I have not encountered it for a long time personally.

Its a pity that the improvements Windows 8 offers come at the cost of consistent user interface. As I'm sure a lot of people won't be upgrading I think we unfortunately need to use the method that both 7 and 8 can use. Unless the OS version is checked programmatically.

I do think that isConnected can be removed if the events (or timeouts) are working consistently and efficiently.

Should I still be working on my branch or should I wait to create a new one from your next push?

Edit: I committed/pushed the GetSerialNumberString method to my branch. If you can verify that it returns different values for different controllers then we'll be able to use it for physical controller specific settings.

(02-19-2014, 01:55 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: Even if pressing the button does something holding it in for longer should turn off the controller.

Otherwise, have you tried turning off the XInput wrapper first?
edit: let me try that tomorrow instead