DS4 To XInput Wrapper
(03-01-2014, 12:27 AM)andgtr08 Wrote: @InhexSTER After some Steam update, every time i have to close Steam to sync my DS4 with DS4Tool, without this it says: "Try to quit any applications thatcan be using the controller". Any tips to fix this problem? I cannot auto-sync when i turn my controller because of steam. Thank you one more time!

At this moment no, also from what i can tell no matter what way the tool is running, there is always a chance that some other app will grab access to DS4. This is due to context switching on Windows OS
Latest version: DS4 1.2.2
Development: DS4 1.3 RC3

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.

Sponsored links

I wanted to drop in again and give my thanks for the latest version. The ability to turn off the controller immediately with a button combination is huge. I now leave the utility running all the time and I can connect and disconnect the controller whenever with no fuss. Also, in general, the tool seems much more solid and polished. I can't wait to see what's coming next. Thanks to InhexSTER, electrobrains, HecticSeptic, Scarlet.Crush and anyone else involved. Your work is definitely appreciated.
Any chance for a timed auto turn off feature?
Like if the controller is idle for 3 minutes it will auto turn it off?

Anyway thanks again for this great tool!
Once again thank you for the amazing tool.

I wanted to ask if it was possible to bind the sixaxis motion sensor to a wii emulator to make it work like a wii remote.

For exapmle, I want to play New super mario bros where you hold the wii mote sideways and only use the buttons but some actions require you to shake the wii mote. Right now i bind the wii mote movment to the right analog stick and it works fine. But it would be alot cooler and natural if you could bind the sixaxis and use that isntead.

Note: The Dolphin emulator does not require xinput it can use any type of controller.
Here is the link to the emulator:http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/
(03-01-2014, 02:09 AM)Snakeyh Wrote: Once again thank you for the amazing tool.

I wanted to ask if it was possible to bind the sixaxis motion sensor to a wii emulator to make it work like a wii remote.

For exapmle, I want to play New super mario bros where you hold the wii mote sideways and only use the buttons but some actions require you to shake the wii mote. Right now i bind the wii mote movment to the right analog stick and it works fine. But it would be alot cooler and natural if you could bind the sixaxis and use that isntead.

Note: The Dolphin emulator does not require xinput it can use any type of controller.
Here is the link to the emulator:http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/

Please read a small bit or do a search when asking questions like this. This was asked only 2 pages ago.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XI...#pid357985
I know I asked before. But can someone recommend a good Bluetooth adapter to use for this and a Wii mote that won't have an disconnection issues and that won't break the bank?
(02-27-2014, 03:30 PM)roli Wrote: Love the tool Smile One request: Can you guys add like a question mark or something behind stuff like the hide DS4 Controller checkbox (the Things that would be harder to understand) which will tell us what it does, so People don't have to go through ***** loads of pages to figure out what it does? Wish I could help, but I know nothing about programing and that stuff.

(03-01-2014, 01:55 AM)bola08 Wrote: Any chance for a timed auto turn off feature?
Like if the controller is idle for 3 minutes it will auto turn it off?

Anyway thanks again for this great tool!
I am absolutely adding an idle timeout. It will work when you set it down on a stable surface and initially I'll make it so you have to choose a specific controller orientation for auto-shut-off as well.
(03-01-2014, 12:00 PM)electrobrains Wrote: I am absolutely adding an idle timeout. It will work when you set it down on a stable surface and initially I'll make it so you have to choose a specific controller orientation for auto-shut-off as well.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just turn off when no buttons are pressed for a certain amount of time? Seems unnecessary to use the gyros.
(03-01-2014, 12:04 PM)youturnjason Wrote: Wouldn't it make more sense to just turn off when no buttons are pressed for a certain amount of time? Seems unnecessary to use the gyros.

No, I would hate that. I want to be able to put the controller down and not have it just turn itself off. You could have an option for it to not count gyro state, but that would never be a sensible default that I would program. Some programs react horribly to unexpected controller connection and disconnection, and I don't want to accidentally be crashing someone's game. In fact, both settings would be off by default. You'd have to turn on idle disconnection and configure explicitly, per-controller.
Okay, further update to version 1.2.2 on the main-line branch of development:
* Send null output while disconnection is in progress. Now you can press and hold Options then press the PS button and things will just work, no stuck keys, theoretically. It definitely removes my XBox overlay popup problem.
* Account for connecting USB while Bluetooth is plugged in for more than just the first controller. There was a simple logic error.
* Remove latency that crept in. If you had any custom mappings, there would be memory allocation for every sensor reading the DualShock 4 gave you. Now we flip between several DS4 sensor state buffers.

These changes have been committed to the main-line branch already. This does not constitute an "official" release, but rather a patch release for testing purposes. Cheers!

Attached Files
.zip   DS4-bff-1.2.2-quick.zip (Size: 1,26 MB / Downloads: 157)