DS4 To XInput Wrapper
Hi,

i installed microsoft xbox360 drivers and the ScpDriver. my DS4 works fine by cable, but by Bluetooth only the touchpad works, the other buttons don't respond and i cant map them. also the controller shows up just as wireless controller and not XBOX 360 controller like in the instructions.

does anyone have any pointers for me ? cheers

Sponsored links

(03-23-2014, 07:10 AM)ham_juggler Wrote: I'm continuing to have consistent problems getting the controller to work after a reboot. It will work but I need to fiddle like crazy, it's frustrating.

The solution is long and convoluted - but as follows :/

Turn OFF the controller. (hold down middle button for 10 seconds)
Remove the BT device
Remove the driver ScpDriver (un-install)
Then re-install the driver.
Open DS4Tool, ensure that "Hide DS4 Controller" is ticked
Leave DS4Tool in a running state.
Now add a bluetooth device.
Put the DS4 in pairing mode (hold down share button, press middle PS button)
Wait a few seconds then choose the Game Controller.
Follow the prompts - and choose "pair without a code"
It will correctly install the driver, now a tiny popup appears down the bottom right "trying to access bluetooth device"
Click on that, put in a code 0000 and next
Stop and start DS4 tool

Done, it will work 100% every time.
Problem is, next reboot - no such luck unfortunately, the light comes ON the controller (I have it set to off) and it's like the device has paird with a different BT code or something, it's a huge mess and needs to be removed / re-added to fix.

Is anyone able to reliably use this after a reboot easily? What's the secret? Should my controller definitely be OFF for a reboot? Should DS4 tool be open OR closed before I turn the controller back on? It's driving me batty.

I have the same problem :

Each time I reboot my computer, I have a problem with the bluetooth pairing.
My DS4 is paired but when I try to turn it on, it will just connect 1 sec and then disconnect.
I have to delete the bluetooth device and reboot the computer before pairing again the controller (then it will correctly install the drivers).

This is really annoying, if someone have something to try to fix this, I would be glad to try !
my DS4 is not working when i connect it to my laptop though it worked before.
i already installed the drivers for it, i even used the 1.2.2 version of this app.

the light bar is working but the buttons don't work.
it always loses connection.

USB connection.
Windows 7 SP1
DS4 Tool 1.2.2
"Hide DS4 Controller" not checked
(03-29-2014, 02:22 PM)CurtmanMao Wrote: Hey. I have successfully connected DS4's using the USB method, but when trying to pair with bluetooth (v2.1) it succesfully adds the device, but the blue light never turns solid, only flashing for a while, until it turns back off.

Any ideas?

Tried holding Share first and then pressing simultaneously the PS Button`?
Otherwise tried looking into the tool if the controller is detected? maybe stop + start?
Is the driver compatible with a DS3 plugged in at the same time yet?
I was wondering if it's possible somehow to install this or an equivalent on an android. I have the Nvidia Shield in mind, which has support for secondary controllers.
Dualshock 4 Users Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DS4users
(03-29-2014, 08:27 PM)raptor1138 Wrote: I was wondering if it's possible somehow to install this or an equivalent on an android. I have the Nvidia Shield in mind, which has support for secondary controllers.

I don't know why you would want to use a secondary controller when one is built in but android on its own can recognize the ds4 if you connect it to the shield's micro USB via an OTG cable, they go for cheap on amazon.
(03-30-2014, 02:15 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: I don't know why you would want to use a secondary controller when one is built in but android on its own can recognize the ds4 if you connect it to the shield's micro USB via an OTG cable, they go for cheap on amazon.

Yeah, but it doesn't support xinput and therefore wouldn't work with anything.
Dualshock 4 Users Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DS4users
(03-30-2014, 04:23 AM)raptor1138 Wrote: Yeah, but it doesn't support xinput and therefore wouldn't work with anything.

I could be wrong but I don't think xinput even exists on Android. At least not as a standard. I have used a DualShock 3 and 4 wirelessly to play GTA 3 and dead trigger perfectly via an OTG cable without the need of another app. I have used both controllers on my galaxy nexus phone and nexus 7 tablet. Xinput doesn't matter on android, that's not what android games look for unlike most PC games.
This might solve some of the disconnecting issue with users who are having issues with bluetooth disconnecting after some time.