DS4 To XInput Wrapper
(04-02-2014, 05:17 PM)shinra358 Wrote: But then we have the scenario where nobody's over and you keep the controller plugged in and you aren't gaming at the moment. The light shouldn't be on at this point. And one would want it to still be plugged in so that they can be ready for the on demand moment without having to first click something to activate the controller each time before playing. The scenario you are referring to is great for being wireless. The scene that I'm referring to is pertaining to wired.

Hmm, good thoughts. I'm going to think about this a bit more today. It seems like you seldom really want the light bar on. Maybe the light bar is always on when it is transitioning either to or from an idle state. I can certainly see wanting to vary the policy somewhat depending on whether the controller is charging or draining. Another possibility is having the PS button turn the light bar on temporarily, just as it brings up the Xbox status application which also indicates your controller number. Anyone else interested in this aspect of the functionality, please chime in with your thoughts.

Sponsored links

One more thing I'd like to elaborate on (overview):

1. default brightness level: level in which you want the light to shine. Purpose: Battery saving. Wireless setting would have a different setting than wired (like a laptop).

2. Idle light timer: user inputs a value to tell how much time the controller has before turn its' light off when nothing is being pressed or moved.

3. Complementary color battery level indicator: Instead of the light turning dim to indicate battery level, the color will gradually change to its' complementary color in the color wheel (color that is opposite of chosen color in the color wheel). This way, idling light off, default brightness level, and battery level warning won't clash with each other and you will save power whether being wired or wireless while still being able to differentiate between who has what controller.

The manual light off with the ps button that you said is also a great idea.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
Concerning my issue with Steam in Big picture mode, I read other user had it, in the older pages.
Is there a fix now ? Do you plan to add one ?

Thanks Smile
(04-02-2014, 04:56 PM)electrobrains Wrote: I think a more sensible way of using the light bar for identification is to only light it up (preferably at a dim setting) when it _is_ idle, i.e. the controller has been set down. If people are actively using the controllers, they will know which is which. If they're all sitting on the coffee table, they'd show their colors for identification. The opposite scenario would occur if people started doing PS Move-like functionality, using a Kinect or similar device to disambiguate players based upon the light bar colors. So to me that means the generic functionality would be, similarly to allowing a gradient between two light bar settings based upon battery level, allow a gradient between two settings based upon activity/idleness.

I think this is a great idea, also maybe just have a check/uncheck that one does your option and the other does his option.
I like the idea too. I don't want the bar on ALL the time but it would be nice to see it flash in order to indicate that the controller is now active. Right now I have it always off.
Hey guy's, I've been trying to get this to work since yesterday and finally decided to make an account to see if you guys can help me since you've been so helpful to other members. I'm having the issue where the server is not recognizing the PS4 controller. I've tried disconnecting it and reconnecting it. I've tried reconnecting through the bluetooth dongle just to make sure its connected properly. I installed Xinput and even though the PS4 controller is connected properly to my pc (shows it coneccted and working properly on latest drivers) it shows it as not connected. I'm not sure what else to do, i've installed all of the programs that need to be installed but still no luck.

Connection type is bluetooth

Windows 8.1

DS4 Tool Version 1.2.2

I've tried both modes shared and un-shared

Usb and bluetooth are both working properly.

Any and all help is appreciated. I'm out of ideas and losing hope.

Thank you.

Edit - Forgot to mention that when I run the SCP Driver Installer it only shows the bus driver as being installed and not the device.
Ok, I actually got it to work with the original drivers. 1.2.2 won't work for me I guess. I see people talking about 1.3 drivers in here but don't see them in the first post. Would anyone mind linking me to them please? Also, it's only working through usb and not through bluetooth. It won't find the controller if it's not plugged in. Anyone have any idea why that is? Windows see's the controller over bluetooth.

Thanks.
First of all use the newest version, and also one thing that worked better than anything for me was a $10 usb bluetooth 4.0 dongle. Make sure to close the program and install the controller to windows first! The tool being open has occassionally stopped me from reinstalling the controller. Also unplugging the bluetooth and then installing the controller without the tool opened is your best bet.

(04-03-2014, 09:24 PM)Anti Hero Wrote: Ok, I actually got it to work with the original drivers. 1.2.2 won't work for me I guess. I see people talking about 1.3 drivers in here but don't see them in the first post. Would anyone mind linking me to them please? Also, it's only working through usb and not through bluetooth. It won't find the controller if it's not plugged in. Anyone have any idea why that is? Windows see's the controller over bluetooth.

Thanks.

Go back a couple of pages and look in inhexsters signature
(04-03-2014, 09:24 PM)wahgah Wrote: First of all use the newest version, and also one thing that worked better than anything for me was a $10 usb bluetooth 4.0 dongle. Make sure to close the program and install the controller to windows first! The tool being open has occassionally stopped me from reinstalling the controller. Also unplugging the bluetooth and then installing the controller without the tool opened is your best bet.

Go back a couple of pages and look in inhexsters signature

Thanks for the info. I'll get the newest version. I have a bluetooth dongle and have the controller installed to windows and paired. Not sure why it won't see it on bluetooth...
Still no luck connecting via bluetooth...

Hmm, wonder what's going on. Windows recognizes it but the ds4 tool does not.