DS4 To XInput Wrapper
It may be helpful to some to know some of the requirements for this program.

1. Microsoft .NET 4.0
2. Visual C 2010 Runtime.
3. Latest DirectX Runtime.

Information gathered from Scarlet.Crush's post.

Ran into issues because I recently reinstalled Windows and did not have the latest DirectX runtime. Hope it helps!

Sponsored links

Thanks for this tool, the only problem I am having is that it seems that 2 controllers appear when only 1 is connected. I am using a ds4 connected by usb and playing fifa 14, every left analogue stick move makes 2 moves and in the select sides menu there are 2 controllers there that move when the left stick is moved.

I have also tried just using the x360ce dlls and the same problem occurs. Is there any fix for this?

EDIT: Alright just found this link and I updated the gdb as suggested and this solved the two controller issue with fifa 14 using x360ce, is there a way to implement this into your program?
I have a version that can do 1 controller only, but it requires installing drivers that are unsigned. On windows 7 and 8 would have to boot with disable signature checks options. Currently working with USB only
Heya! I just wanted to say that someone got the touchpad working on the ps4 controller!
You guys should do a collaboration and create a new tool that will outdo all current ones!
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1...s_a_mouse/
(11-12-2013, 08:58 AM)Grimnir Wrote: Heya! I just wanted to say that someone got the touchpad working on the ps4 controller!
You guys should do a collaboration and create a new tool that will outdo all current ones!
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1...s_a_mouse/
yeah cool idea, i could potentially add support for it. I know how to read data from it, haven't looked into actually translating into movements. once thing it wouldnt work very well in games. you could accidently move camera through touchpad.
After looking into disabling original controller, so it wouldn't show up in games / do double input, I think it's not possible with using default windows drivers. Rumble and lightbar also require some more reverse engineering of USB communication.
So first thing it would require actually capturing data sent between PS4 and DS4, so we need to wait until it's releaed.
Second thing I most likely will not be able to capture that data myself, I don't have any means to do it.
Third this aprporach would require installing cutom drivers for USB and Bluetooth, just like with DS3
I have to say this will suffice until Sony gets the official DS4 driver out for these things. They have already stated that the DS4 will work with PCs.
Hi all - InhexSTER thanks for taking the time to get this working with the DS4.

I have an issue I can't seem to figure out and there isn't much info. on troubleshooting this program online. I am trying to install and run this program on Win 7 SP1 64-bit. As far as I can tell, I have all of the prerequisite software installed to include the latest .NET, Direct X runtime, and the XBOX 360 controller drivers. I follow the readme.txt installation directions, however when it comes time to launch the ScpServer.exe I consistently get the Windows Error "Scpserver.exe has stopped working..." dialogue box as soon as I double-click on the exe. I haven't been able to get it to run at all. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.
(11-14-2013, 07:09 PM)Phionoxx Wrote: Hi all - InhexSTER thanks for taking the time to get this working with the DS4.

I have an issue I can't seem to figure out and there isn't much info. on troubleshooting this program online. I am trying to install and run this program on Win 7 SP1 64-bit. As far as I can tell, I have all of the prerequisite software installed to include the latest .NET, Direct X runtime, and the XBOX 360 controller drivers. I follow the readme.txt installation directions, however when it comes time to launch the ScpServer.exe I consistently get the Windows Error "Scpserver.exe has stopped working..." dialogue box as soon as I double-click on the exe. I haven't been able to get it to run at all. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Hmm, it might be requited to install MS Visual C++ 2010 and 2012 distro.
Thank you so much for making and sharing this.

I tried this out with "State of Decay" on steam and it worked flawlessly.
The controller itself feels good, solid, perfect weight. The analog sticks and triggers are super responsive and tight, great grip on the sticks and a nice grove on the triggers. I can't wait to feel the rumble!

I tried out Madden 08 as well (running a mod that updates the graphics and rosters), problem is the right analog doesn't do anything, and the right trigger actually triggers the necessary motion of the analog stick (allowing me to kickoff) IF you only press it slightly to maybe 1/3 of the way down. After that point the trigger acts like it should (zooming out and showing the routes for the play). WEIRD! The 360 controller I was using doesn't do this. Not a problem with your program, but the game (EA!)... Your program works fine.
The only problem I noticed was that it closed out on me during a game session and my controls froze (I had to alt-tab and restart the server), but it hasn't happened since.

EDIT/UPDATE: Thanks to your program Madden is playable also. It turns out that it was defaulting to the other controller, so I had to manually select the 360 one, which looks in game like the same controller. But it works now! got the 360 buttons above their heads and everything. THANKS AGAIN!

EDIT/UPDATE#2: I've had the server program close out on me a few times. Its not a huge problem since I can just pause the game with the keyboard and then alt-tab to go back and start up the program again. I'm using Windows 8.1 btw.
Intel Core i7 4770K, 16GB RAM, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, Samsung 840EVO 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1 Pro (VMs: Ubuntu, XP, Vista, 7).