DS4 To XInput Wrapper
(12-02-2013, 04:11 AM)Insanelycool Wrote: There's another tool linked from earlier in this thread that lets you use the trackpad over USB. I am using both tools together and everything works great. Even bought a 12ft USB extension cable for $10. Why not!

I didn't know that, thanks a million!

Sponsored links

And the double input in some games, you know why it happens and if you have any solution for this? Games like Trine 2, Ace Combat, did not work well.
(12-02-2013, 03:23 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: I already know where I can retrieve data from touchpad, next step would be interpreting it. Another issue I think there also needs to be a way to disable touchpad input while in game (some games would take it as a mouse input and rotate camera if you accidently touch it)

I like having the option in game, and now that I am used to the controller I never accidentally hit touch the touchpad.... it would be great if we could map in swipes though. I could see the usefulness of swiping the pad to change weapons.

Beta version works great. Rumble feels really nice, but like it was said before, seems to be fairly weak.
Intel Core i7 4770K, 16GB RAM, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, Samsung 840EVO 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1 Pro (VMs: Ubuntu, XP, Vista, 7).
So far, the only problems I've noticed are the analog sticks and buttons randomly sticking. The buttons rarely don't register being pressed at times. But right now I'm just happy I can finally use my controller. Great work so far! Smile
(12-01-2013, 04:27 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: Maybe its an issue on x86 (32 Bit) OS, I will investigate.

i have a 64 Bit OS.
(12-02-2013, 04:41 AM)andgtr08 Wrote: And the double input in some games, you know why it happens and if you have any solution for this? Games like Trine 2, Ace Combat, did not work well.

Found a solution with x360ce for that you need to change the hookmask to 1E instead of 02 in x360ce.gdb (reply from the developper) and it worked !

I repeat my question, about your tool will it be possible in a future version to auto shutdown controllers ???
Made an Ac just to say how awesome you are! Thanks for making Dualshock work on PC! Only problem I have atm is the double input thing and getting games that support both directinput and xinput to only recognize the xinput portion. Im trying to play battlefield 4 helis with this but it doesn't always recognize it as xinput sometimes it'll take directinput for games that do only do xinput though it works wonders.

@Znation can you clarify your solution? Thanks.
(12-02-2013, 08:48 AM)stanleyc415 Wrote: Made an Ac just to say how awesome you are! Thanks for making Dualshock work on PC! Only problem I have atm is the double input thing and getting games that support both directinput and xinput to only recognize the xinput portion. Im trying to play battlefield 4 helis with this but it doesn't always recognize it as xinput sometimes it'll take directinput for games that do only do xinput though it works wonders.

@Znation can you clarify your solution? Thanks.

Go to https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list and download

x360ce.App-2.1.2.191
x360ce_lib32_r789_VS2010

Extract all files and put them into your game directory (where .exe is located)

Run x360ce (you will have a version error message, ignore it) and load preset 'Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2' to your controler, save, exit

Load your game normally and test (you will hear a bip sound which confirm x360ce running)

If it's doesn't work for your game (like me with Fifa 14, double input was always present), modify file x360ce.gdb, modify the hookmask of the game at the end to 1E instead of 02, if the game is not listed add it in the file like the other ... i'm able to play correctly to fifa 14 right now without issue with double input

Example for fifa 14 (already present in the x360ce.gdb) :

[FIFA14.exe]
Name = FIFA 14
HookMask = 0x0000001E

I explain this method but i really expect to use DS4 tool which will be more powerfull soon (i use ds3 tool before with my ds3 controller), it's not to say ds4 tool is not a good tool ... respect to InhexSTER ;-)
@znation Do I load Rumblepad2 onto the "wireless controller" or do i do it on the Controller (xbox 360 for windows) which appears after first running inhexsters program?
(12-02-2013, 09:39 AM)stanleyc415 Wrote: @znation Do I load Rumblepad2 onto the "wireless controller" or do i do it on the Controller (xbox 360 for windows) which appears after first running inhexsters program?

do not run ds4 tool, load it into wireless controller