DS4 To XInput Wrapper
(01-23-2014, 01:23 PM)Floeee Wrote: With codebases you mean all those clones from inhexters git ?

As i said, i would like to contribute, but i dont know where i should start with it, because inhexters last git change is from 14.1. and as i read here, there have been many changes made.

What would you guys think about an installable version of this tool so that people (who are asking here for autostart and other features) can manage their autostart programs as they are used to and its all in all a bit more intuitive to manage the program.
- start with windows in tray
- accessable from the start->programs
. and so on
Sounds wonderful, please do an MSI and turn the program into a normal Service, if you can!

Sponsored links

(01-23-2014, 04:28 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: So I put together final version for DS4 1.1. It has hide DS4 Controller checkbox and some performance improvements.
[...]
By default the behaviour is to not hide DS4 control (Shared Mode)
When you hide it, it tries to enter Exclusive mode.
Checbox automatically restarts the mapping process so you switch between them without restarting the tool

Thanks again InhexSTER for your last update (final version 1.1)

But, i don't understand the operation of Exclusive mode (automatically mapping process without restarting the tool ?)

Must i execute every time your soft after reboot pc ?

Can you explain me please ?

Thanks.
(01-23-2014, 02:54 PM)electrobrains Wrote: Sounds wonderful, please do an MSI and turn the program into a normal Service, if you can!

I would use the NSIS script to make an installer. But with which version should i work?

An update possibility would also be nice. This would help to make that piece of software to become market leader in "ds4 drivers".
(01-23-2014, 07:56 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: Yep, just confirmed on one of my Win 7 machines. No LED/Rumble over USB

I reposted a 1.1 Final Zip please re-download. Should fix Win 7

On beta 3 some old games like Medal Of honor airborne, Mercenaries 2 they work, shows A, B, RT buttons, but on the final release they dont. Appears button 1, button 2 on these games, i already hide the DS4 controller on DS4 tool.
(01-23-2014, 06:06 PM)andgtr08 Wrote: On beta 3 some old games like Medal Of honor airborne, Mercenaries 2 they work, shows A, B, RT buttons, but on the final release they dont. Appears button 1, button 2 on these games, i already hide the DS4 controller on DS4 tool.

Sounds like they detecting DirectInput controller, make sure you are not running the game and only controller you see in Devices and Printers is Xbox 360 Controller, no Wireless Controller. Then start the game again.
Latest version: DS4 1.2.2
Development: DS4 1.3 RC3

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.
I suggest making auto-update feature from the tool rather than installer, as so far the only 3 files changing is exe, scpcontrol.dll and hidlibrary.dll

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.
A little question from me. Is there any way to implement option to set brightness of LED in battery indicator mode? Thanks.
what use is concretely exclusive mode and shared mode ?
(01-23-2014, 07:06 PM)xammer23 Wrote: A little question from me. Is there any way to implement option to set brightness of LED in battery indicator mode? Thanks.

Yes it's totally possible. It would require another control for it in GUI. its the fact that the GUI really needs a remake to fit so many new features. It needs to be simple yet allow a lots of controls. It's getting pretty messy already. I also want to have ability to change green/red to other colors

(01-23-2014, 07:15 PM)Pro_info Wrote: what use is concretely exclusive mode and shared mode ?

Exclusive Mode (Hide DS4 Controller Checked)
This mode attempts to grab fully exclusive read/write rights to DS4 (Wireless Controller). So no other app will be able to read from it. This makes it disappear from the list of controllers. Known to cause freezes with some applications like Uplay, Teamspeak, etc on Windows versions prior to 8.1

Shared Mode (Hide DS4 Controller Unchecked)
This is more compatible mode it does not require any special access rights to DS4 controller, it will remain in the system. The problem with it is that some game like FIFA 14 and some other receive input from Wireless Controller (DS4) and X360 Controller at the same time (Dual Input). It also prevents freezes with some applications, like UPlay for example.

Checkbox will switch the mode and restarts the X360 Controller.

Usage cases:
So if you had problems with UPlay, start the tool make sure it does not hide controller, then star Uplay and AC3, AC4 or other uplay games
Assasin's Creed 3,4 allow you to choose which controller is being used in options.

If you want to go back to exclusive mode to play games that have dual input issues:
Make sure Upay, Teamspeak and some other application that might use DS4 Wireless Controller are not running
Switch on Hide DS4 Controller and there will be no more dual input