DS4 To XInput Wrapper
(01-24-2014, 12:02 AM)Donbabbeo Wrote: Not sure if i understand correctly your request, are you suggesting that, for example, if you in a remote future will add the possibility to enable the speaker it will almost automagically add the option on the menu?

Technically it should be feasible, but without some sort of external file to look for attributes it will be hard (a lot), slow and not too good looking to almost completely automate the view.

We should probably need to find a middle ground or something, first of all i will try to create a base prototipe that should simulate what i have in mind, then we can figure something after the weekend Laugh

Yeah i would suggest supporting schema file so that lets say we decide to add brightness to each color config it would be just adding a field into schema file. I know its hard, but would be making and easy to add new elements
Latest version: DS4 1.2.2
Development: DS4 1.3 RC3

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.

Sponsored links

Hello guys, thank you very much for all your efforts and help. I may be somewhat confused here, but pages ago I read that electrobrains made a build where we could change the mouse buttons to the trackpad, but the final release from InHexSter doesn't seem to have that option, unless I missed something.

Are you guys working on the same code or each of you releases different features on your builds?

Thank you again for all your work
We're working in slightly different directions for the moment, but we're planning to have a developer meet-up on-line tomorrow to figure out the best path forward. Based upon my software engineering experience, I see us mostly rewriting the software but incorporating large blocks of existing code from both code bases.
(01-24-2014, 12:51 AM)Rocquito Wrote: Hello guys, thank you very much for all your efforts and help. I may be somewhat confused here, but pages ago I read that electrobrains made a build where we could change the mouse buttons to the trackpad, but the final release from InHexSter doesn't seem to have that option, unless I missed something.

Are you guys working on the same code or each of you releases different features on your builds?

Thank you again for all your work

At this point it's different builds, i will be adding support of regular touchpad behaviour in the next update, imho its not good idea to have so many different touchpad modes, just would confuse you more. As i said before touchpad should be working as pc touchpads do, you can do everything you need with no extra buttons. Extra buttons could be used for special hotkeys like ALT-TAB or ALT-F4 and similar

There are million possibilities and it would be hard to meet needs and expectations of everyone. That's why the program should be re-written to allow total modularity.

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.
@InhexSTER & @ electrobrains

you may have a look at this guy
https://github.com/ehd/node-ds4

his project support Gryoscope & accelerometer
(01-24-2014, 01:06 AM)Web Developer Wrote: @InhexSTER & @ electrobrains

you may have a look at this guy
https://github.com/ehd/node-ds4

his project support Gryoscope & accelerometer

The reason Gyro and Acc and any DS4 custom data is not there it's because there is nothing to map to.
Xinput does not support Accelerometer or Gyroscope

(01-24-2014, 01:10 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: The reason Gyro and Acc and any DS4 custom data is not there it's because there is nothing to map to.

Could you make it so that if you enable an option for sixaxis, it would show up as a second controller that just used the input from gyro/acc?
(01-24-2014, 01:20 AM)SonofUgly Wrote: Could you make it so that if you enable an option for sixaxis, it would show up as a second controller that just used the input from gyro/acc?

That would be cumbersome but possible, you can use one of axis that used for sticks to do so.

The plan i have for the future in rewritten version to have .dll for devlopers to retrieve any data they want. So essentially emulator developers could create native support for DS4, bypassing xinput

Well, trackpad isn't in Xinput either. Is the plan just to support Xinput, or to develop general support for DS4 on PC? DS4 DirectInput support is pretty basic isn't it? Surfacing gyro, accelerometer and trackpad data via DI passthrough seems worthwhile.

(01-24-2014, 01:10 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: The reason Gyro and Acc and any DS4 custom data is not there it's because there is nothing to map to.
(01-24-2014, 01:35 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: Well, trackpad isn't in Xinput either. Is the plan just to support Xinput, or to develop general support for DS4 on PC? DS4 DirectInput support is pretty basic isn't it? Surfacing gyro, accelerometer and trackpad data via DI passthrough seems worthwhile.

The reason trackpad works because we invoking WinAPI to trigger mouse motions/clicks

DirectInput inside DS4 does not pass Gyro/Acc as extra axis, its in vendor-defined portion of HID. Also DirectInpit of 360 controller is also quite limited