DS4 controller support rant(kinda)
This is a slight rant about why in the name of ***** can the emulator naturally support  360 controllers but not ds4? at the very ***** least ds4 is actually by the same company who made the ps2 but you go ahead and make it support it's competitor's controller, I know there's ways to get it working but holy ***** is it annoying, i got it working with inputmapper once then it went and ***** it self up the ass.

I'm sorry but am I the only one who thinks it's actually dumb as ***** to not have support for ds4 controllers without having to install anything?

Sponsored links

You are.
And probably because you're the only one unable to understand that this emu runs on windows.
Winfos natively supports xinput peripherals. Ds4 pads aren't xinput. As simple as this.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-29-2018, 10:33 PM)Akilli Wrote: This is a slight rant about why in the name of ***** can the emulator naturally support  360 controllers but not ds4? at the very ***** least ds4 is actually by the same company who made the ps2 but you go ahead and make it support it's competitor's controller, I know there's ways to get it working but holy ***** is it annoying, i got it working with inputmapper once then it went and ***** it self up the ass.

I'm sorry but am I the only one who thinks it's actually dumb as ***** to not have support for ds4 controllers without having to install anything?
There are dongles and programs out there that would allow the DS4 controller to act as a 360 xinput controller you know. Instead of insulting the devs you could have done your research on it. So apology not accepted.
(09-29-2018, 10:33 PM)Akilli Wrote: This is a slight rant about why in the name of ***** can the emulator naturally support  360 controllers but not ds4? at the very ***** least ds4 is actually by the same company who made the ps2 but you go ahead and make it support it's competitor's controller, I know there's ways to get it working but holy ***** is it annoying, i got it working with inputmapper once then it went and ***** it self up the ass.

Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? 

Steam, DS4 Windows SCP toolkit these are all very easy to use and good programs to make a DS4 Xinput instead.
(09-29-2018, 11:33 PM)fender178 Wrote: There are dongles and programs out there that would allow the DS4 controller to act as a 360 xinput controller you know. Instead of insulting the devs you could have done your research on it. So apology not accepted.

I said I tried inputmapper, I've tried a bunch of other stuff too, maybe read before you start talking? Thanks

Oh and "apology not accepted"
(09-29-2018, 10:44 PM)jesalvein Wrote: You are.
And probably because you're the only one unable to understand that this emu runs on windows.
Winfos natively supports xinput peripherals. Ds4 pads aren't xinput. As simple as this.

Well then why is it so hard to have it be at least less difficult? Not even programs that make the controller seem or act as a 360 controller work well with it, if they did, we wouldn't be here would we

(09-30-2018, 01:11 AM)weirdbeardgame Wrote: Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? 

Steam, DS4 Windows SCP toolkit these are all very easy to use and good programs to make a DS4 Xinput instead.

Said this to the other guy and I'll say it again, the pcsx2 doesn't make it all that easy to use those programs on them, it worked once with inputmapper then didn't work again at all for some reason
(09-30-2018, 03:03 AM)Akilli Wrote: Well then why is it so hard to have it be at least less difficult? Not even programs that make the controller seem or act as a 360 controller work well with it, if they did, we wouldn't be here would we

Said this to the other guy and I'll say it again, the pcsx2 doesn't make it all that easy to use those programs on them, it worked once with inputmapper then didn't work again at all for some reason
Blame Sony and not the devs of the emulator for not making xinput drivers. Or you could purchase a dongle such as the Magic NS adapter for the Switch which works both with Nintendo Swtich and PC and has Xinput capabilities for the DS4 controller which makes it an xbox controller.
Guys seriously can you leave this to the mods? Members meddling makes it only worse.
(09-30-2018, 03:03 AM)Akilli Wrote: Well then why is it so hard to have it be at least less difficult? Not even programs that make the controller seem or act as a 360 controller work well with it, if they did, we wouldn't be here would we

It's as hard as it is, because that's how hard it is. Unless you're a OS level driver expert and, not only know how to do it but have decided to talk about it rather than do it, that's how it is. It's already been explained, but unlike Xbox controllers which work natively with Windows, DS4 has no support whatsoever and third party drivers have to invent it.

PCSX2 doesn't make any effort to work with them, because it doesn't need to. These input mapping softwares work directly with Windows to take raw input signals from the controller, and translate that to something usable by software. Xbox controllers work natively with PCSX2, because they work natively with Windows.

Please consider that there are reasons for a lot of design decisions, and that complaining as if there absolutely should be a solution that we just haven't made, is not a great way to encourage a constructive discussion.

Probably because pcsx2 team works on, the emulator, and not on those 3rd party software that make a DS4 xinput compatible.
Just because it looks hard for you to get it : SCP wrapper, steam, DS4windows, fireshock and others aren't made nor supported by pcsx2 team. those are made by 3rd party devs who kindly posted about their projects here.

Annnnd it's time to stop feeding the kiddy troll...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go