DS4Windows Disable Lightbar
Hello there. I'm new here so a big HELLO to you all! I hope everyone is doing good!  Smile

I'm really sorry if this question has been asked and answered many times already. I did a quick search on the internet and found a video showing how to do it. However, the version of DS4Windows the tutorial was for version 1.4.19.20816 DSDCS Release and mine is 1.4.401. I also did a quick search on this forum but my search returned no results so I decided to post here. I hope I've posted in the correct forum.

I was wondering if there is an option to disable the DS4 Lightbar? Is this possible? Will it save enough battery power for it to be worth while doing?

I will be very grateful to anyone who can answer my questions.

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew.  Smile

Sponsored links

just set the lighting color to black. Anyways, it should help a bit
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Thanks. Good Idea. Smile  I'm sure it will still drain the battery though.
(03-09-2016, 10:47 PM)everway9 Wrote: Thanks. Good Idea. Smile  I'm sure it will still drain the battery though.

Yeah, even with the lightbar off, the DS4 still doesn't have great battery  life.
(03-09-2016, 10:49 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yeah, even with the lightbar off, the DS4 still doesn't have great battery  life.

Laugh
I forgot to also ask about the battery charge status. I have noticed that within DS4Windows controller tab the battery does not appear to charge beyond 80%. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks again.

I'd like to add..... DS4Windows is a very good application! Well done and huge thanks to those responsible for writing this software! Keep up the good work. Smile
(03-09-2016, 10:49 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yeah, even with the lightbar off, the DS4 still doesn't have great battery  life.

I wish ps4 would allow us to disable the lightbar, I had to put electrical tape over it cause of my habits of hold the control with "lightbar" facing my face, something i been doing since i was 5 with all my controler that and i hate the fact I could be play dark game and my control was lighting my room up..

But yah the DS4 has horrible battery life compared to DS3 and to think the ds4 have who ever designed the ds4 droped the ball imo. still like more then xbox contolers
Not to mention the DS4 has awful issues with the two triggers breaking. My R2 trigger broke last night while I was playing watchdogs. Thankfully blyss used his prime account to order some for me.
I have yet to run in that issue of tiggers breaking, but i been hearing that too, not fan of them they seem rather flimsy/lose to begin with, Then again i barely use my ps4, I got one game for it well two MGS:GZ and DA:I, not counting the psn + games i have, I still like the DS3 more. 1 gaming session on ps4 = dead or about to die controller, meanwhile the ds3 goes week worth of gaming sessions before needing a charge. Last I read the DS4 have larger mAh battery too
(03-10-2016, 08:35 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: I have yet to run in that issue of tiggers breaking, but i been hearing that too, not fan of them they seem rather flimsy/lose to begin with, Then again i barely use my ps4, I got one game for it well two MGS:GZ and DA:I, not counting the psn + games i have, I still like the DS3 more. 1 gaming session on ps4 =  dead or about to die controller, meanwhile the ds3 goes week worth of gaming sessions before needing a charge. Last I read the DS4 have larger mAh battery too

Yeah, the battery life is crap. There are aftermarket 2000mAh batteries, but I'm not sure how much I trust those. All in all, I've had quite a few issues with the controller. The bad trigger, rubber on the sticks splitting, and the stupid battery life.