DS4Windows - J2K
(10-14-2014, 10:51 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: I'd hate for it not to work at all, it sounds like it might be a bad bluetooth adapter. Without DS4Windows running, try connecting the controller through bluetooth, if it fails to connect fully then yeah it's a faulty bluetooth. Keep in mind though if that does work it might be that the bluetooth you have doesn't use windows' default bluetooth stack and thus won't work with DS4windows.

So I noticed when I go into devices that I have a Dell 365 BT Module. However, I have a BT dongle that I have been trying to use. I was unaware of the Dell device. However, it will not let me disable the Dell module. I assume this might be my issue.

Edit: So, I removed BT dongle and tried to connect with the internal module and it is causing it to ask to connect and then drops connections. Is there a way to remove an internal BT so I can use the dongle I purchased from newegg?

Edit: I was able to get the controller connected via the internal BT and is currently working as intended without program. Should I still use DS4? I feel like I shouldn't shut my pc off now that it is working haha

Sponsored links

(10-15-2014, 12:00 AM)jburner Wrote: So I noticed when I go into devices that I have a Dell 365 BT Module. However, I have a BT dongle that I have been trying to use. I was unaware of the Dell device. However, it will not let me disable the Dell module. I assume this might be my issue.

Edit: So, I removed BT dongle and tried to connect with the internal module and it is causing it to ask to connect and then drops connections. Is there a way to remove an internal BT so I can use the dongle I purchased from newegg?

Edit: I was able to get the controller connected via the internal BT and is currently working as intended without program. Should I still use DS4? I feel like I shouldn't shut my pc off now that it is working haha

if a game can use the ds4 without the need of xinput (x369 input) then you don't really need the tool, how it will still offer lightbar and touchpad control, though if it disconnects immediately when you try to use DS4W, then it's prolly an incompatible BT adapter. Sorry about that.
I'm new on DS4 what is the difference between this and jhebbel?
So I'm getting this weird conflict with Uplay and I'm not sure if it happens for anyone else. If I start DS4windows with the 'Hide DS4 controller' option, launching Uplay freezes my computer for 15-20 secs. With that option disabled, Uplay launches fine. I have no issues with Steam or any other program. Is this more an incompatibility on DSwindows side or on Ubisoft's side? Thanks for the great tool anyways.
(10-15-2014, 05:15 AM)YapaPanda Wrote: So I'm getting this weird conflict with Uplay and I'm not sure if it happens for anyone else. If I start DS4windows with the 'Hide DS4 controller' option, launching Uplay freezes my computer for 15-20 secs. With that option disabled, Uplay launches fine. I have no issues with Steam or any other program. Is this more an incompatibility on DSwindows side or on Ubisoft's side? Thanks for the great tool anyways.

this was a known problem with uplay a while back but I'm pretty sure it works fine with the new versions. Havent had this problem for months now. Is your uplay updated to the newest version?
(10-15-2014, 05:52 AM)youturnjason Wrote: this was a known problem with uplay a while back but I'm pretty sure it works fine with the new versions. Havent had this problem for months now. Is your uplay updated to the newest version?

I have version 4.8.1 of Uplay. It's certainly still happening for me. I need "Hide DS4" enabled to avoid double input in some games, but it has this problem with Uplay. So I have to switch back and forth depending on what game I'm playing, which brings its own set of issues, namely: [1] "Hide DS4" can only be enabled when Steam is closed, and [2] minimizing DS4Windows after opening it results in a mini window in the bottom left that can't be closed.
the Alt+Tab window is still appearing
i'm on windows 8.1 latest version of the tool
(10-15-2014, 07:50 AM)pnoozi Wrote: I have version 4.8.1 of Uplay. It's certainly still happening for me. I need "Hide DS4" enabled to avoid double input in some games, but it has this problem with Uplay. So I have to switch back and forth depending on what game I'm playing, which brings its own set of issues, namely: [1] "Hide DS4" can only be enabled when Steam is closed, and [2] minimizing DS4Windows after opening it results in a mini window in the bottom left that can't be closed.

I just tried uplay and both an older and newest version and I'm not getting any freezes either, sorry can't say I know why that's happening.
(10-15-2014, 01:13 PM)enad1080p Wrote: the Alt+Tab window is still appearing
i'm on windows 8.1 latest version of the tool

That'a because I had to add it back, as windows 7 users were having a random small window in the corner. It being in the alt+tab menu is less annoying than a random window in the corner, I can't fix the issue right now however as I'm not on a windows 8 pc right now.
I am starting to suspect it is the internal adapter on my pc. I started up pc today and now it will connect but I don't have any controls like I did last night with games. It shows in the game controller settings that buttons and sticks are working but it doesn't register within the game. Sucks that I have an internal BT adapter and can't use the dongle I purchased. Oh well, thank you for your help jay.
Any ideas why buttons and sticks would work but not the R2/L2? Everything else is registering