DS4Windows - J2K
(12-17-2015, 05:08 PM)Vanquo Wrote: @Koeleskab

Are you sure you're on the new win 10 nov update? If you are, then something else must be preventing exclusive mode.

Type "winver" in cmd prompt or run dialog to see Windows build number. It should show "Version 1151 (OS Build 10586.xx)"

Turns out the update had failed and me having just walked away during install hadn't noticed. So i was being a buffoon. It's working perfectly now. But now my DS4 speaker is buzzing, which is weird.

Sponsored links

I have a problem with my DS4 controllers not being recognized by Windows as gamepads. They connect to BT just fine but don't show up in the controller list. DS4Windows still applies profiles and the controllers work with keybinds though.

I noticed that when I connect my BT adapter, Windows tries installing the 360 pad driver but fails because "device was disconnected", but I'm not sure what device this refers to. I have unpaired and repaired the DS4 controllers and it has not changed anything. I have yet to try a wired connection as all of my micro USB cables have died recently. Will update later when it try it/if it changes anything.

Thanks for reading my wall of baww

(12-17-2015, 07:10 PM)ssanyux Wrote: ...

is there a way to toggle the color for the button i press? and if i hit the button again to go to the primary color chosen?
To my knowledge, color change on button press is hold only.

EDIT: I uninstalled the DS4 driver, deleted all DS4Windows related files in the Program Files directory, then redownloaded the most current version. After reinstalling the driver in this way, everything is functional again. I did uninstalled/reinstalled the DS4 driver before to no success (it actually was detrimental), but it seems the removal of DS4Windows did the trick.
wooops
Version 1.4.4
Revised shift modifier: each button/control has their own independent shift trigger instead of one universal one
Select an action window: this window now highlights what said control is currently set to.
Removed unused images, making the exe a meg smaller
Completely revised how the code for custom mapping works
Updated all translations, added partial Dutch/Nederlands Support

(12-16-2015, 04:00 PM)shinra358 Wrote: I've been telling him this for a while and it seems like he's ignoring me. Changing ports allow it to work again. I asked him to auto change the ports when the controller reads as blank in the joy.cpl indicating that the controller isn't responding anymore but no response. It becomes a pain when you have ppl over having tournies and this happens. Autoupdater is constantly crashing as well. Especially with autoupdating on and booting up the computer. Feels like this project is about to die and it's not too long from now that we'll never hear from him again...

I saw this post before, I haven't gotten around to trying to fix this yet, It might be a bit difficult to fix since I can't seem to repliacte this problem, but I'll give this a shot thit or next week.

(12-17-2015, 07:10 PM)ssanyux Wrote: hey there!

new here. sorry  if the question is annoying.

firstly thank you for this tool!  the newest update is amazing.

I've been playing the phantom pain on pc with a ds4 texture layout mod i found on nexus.

for obs (open broadcast software) to start recording i changed it to the share button (any key from the keyboard that is hotkeyed to record) and since it is not native support i changed the pause button to left touch which is awesome even if the layout hints changes. i also noticed you can change the light color if pressing a button or key. so i changed options/iDroid and it's color is a blinking red (to be alert since the game on idroid keeps it in real time).  i saw a toggle button but the color changes if keep pressing the button and the color changes only if i'm holding it.

is there a way to toggle the color for the button i press? and if i hit the button again to go to the primary color chosen?

take care and good days to you all!

As stated above right now changing the light bar color is via hold only, sorry.
Hey there,

I'm currently setting up a HTPC system (with Steam), and I've found DS4Windows a regular godsend, not least for the mouse emulation on the touchpad.

However, I'm finding myself rather stumped with respect to setting things up so I can use the DS4 for these two functions: Alt-Tab and Alt-F4. I've tried special actions and press/toggle key or macros, but neither seems to work; I've also tried to figure out "Select an action for XY", but I have to admit I'm somewhat stumped by how exactly this works.

What I'm envisaging is this, for instance: if I press PS + L1, it translates into Alt-Tab; if I press PS + R1, it executes Alt-F4. This would allow me to end those programs that I can't easily end otherwise, and it'll let me switch between tasks.

Would these work with DS4Windows? Is there anything specific I'd have to do outside the program (e.g. run it as an administrator)? Would this work best with special actions or with "Select an action for XY", and how would I set it up?

My apologies for these very newbie questions; I've exhausted my Google Fu trying to find a solution. Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi guys,
I downloaded and installed DS4Windows today, and i read that the lightbar spends a lot of battery.
I would you like to know how i can turn off the lightbar in the software? I read that DS4 have a feature("Control the Lightbar: turn it off, dynamicly change by battery level, and more") but i didn't found in the software. 

Thanks
Version 1.4.401
Fixes for inverting the sticks
Updated French, German, Russian, and Vietnamese translations, and added more credits

DS4Updater 1.1.401
Added backup method of updating should anything happen with github

(12-19-2015, 04:01 AM)bazuka Wrote: Hi guys,
I downloaded and installed DS4Windows today, and i read that the lightbar spends a lot of battery.
I would you like to know how i can turn off the lightbar in the software? I read that DS4 have a feature("Control the Lightbar: turn it off, dynamicly change by battery level, and more") but i didn't found in the software. 

Thanks

Edit a profile and set all the light bar values (For R,G,B) to 0. OR click the lightbar in the profile editor and set it to black.

(12-18-2015, 11:46 AM)Thirith Wrote: Hey there,

I'm currently setting up a HTPC system (with Steam), and I've found DS4Windows a regular godsend, not least for the mouse emulation on the touchpad.

However, I'm finding myself rather stumped with respect to setting things up so I can use the DS4 for these two functions: Alt-Tab and Alt-F4. I've tried special actions and press/toggle key or macros, but neither seems to work; I've also tried to figure out "Select an action for XY", but I have to admit I'm somewhat stumped by how exactly this works.

What I'm envisaging is this, for instance: if I press PS + L1, it translates into Alt-Tab; if I press PS + R1, it executes Alt-F4. This would allow me to end those programs that I can't easily end otherwise, and it'll let me switch between tasks.

Would these work with DS4Windows? Is there anything specific I'd have to do outside the program (e.g. run it as an administrator)? Would this work best with special actions or with "Select an action for XY", and how would I set it up?

My apologies for these very newbie questions; I've exhausted my Google Fu trying to find a solution. Any help would be much appreciated.

You can either set up a macro for alt + f4 (however pressing these in one go would close the window, so record the alt key first, click on the alt key up item in the macro list, then record pressing f4) or you can simple do as you said, assign ps to alt, l1 to tab, and r1 to f4. You don't need to go into special actions for this, just click on a buttons in the main tab to change the control.
Brilliant, thanks! Not sure how I mucked things up before - I probably tried to do things more complicatedly than was necessary. I'm now having an issue where DS4Windows won't autostart, in spite of being in the autostart folder, but I think that's a Windows problem.

Anyway, thank you for your help; I might be back with more questions, but for now I'm happy. :-)
Thanks Jays2Kings !
Hi there,
First of all, thanks a load for the creation of this program, especially as it's an OSS. I've been using it for a few days now thanks to a recommendation to my friend.
However, there's one issue that comes up whenever I try to use my controller via Bluetooth.
I bought the Bluetooth Adapter by Medialink because the website recommended it to be used, and sure enough, I can use the controller wirelessly. For some reason the light bar is white, and it isn't recognised by the DS4 software.
These are the steps I take to connecting the controller:
I open up Bluetooth in the system tray: https://gyazo.com/003b9602995a02a93ad80b71645da09f
I then turn on Bluetooth and "Explore Bluetooth Places": https://gyazo.com/19da8770737122592b506a9b8f2d9c96
I can pair up my controller, and the controller can be used properly like in Rocket League, but there aren't any special features (such as different light bar colours) and DS4 doesn't show that it's connected (https://gyazo.com/7dfd5290943329de1e681d9d65cc4ac9).
Am I doing something wrong?
Hope you guys can help - thanks!