DS4Windows - J2K
Great new website and thanks for all your work on this tool, Jay.

As this is a new thread, I thought it would be worth pointing out that if you want to swap the rumble motors, you can follow the instructions I posted in electrobrains' thread.

Unless there's something funny going on with my system, I still think the rumble motors should be swapped, but that's up to Jay (or jhebbel) when or if he has the time and inclination to look at it. At least on my system, by default DS4Windows is sending heavy rumble calls to the light motor, and light rumble calls to the heavy motor.

Sponsored links

(10-14-2014, 12:03 PM)Aleksandr Wrote: Great new website and thanks for all your work on this tool, Jay.

As this is a new thread, I thought it would be worth pointing out that if you want to swap the rumble motors, you can follow the instructions I posted in electrobrains' thread.

Unless there's something funny going on with my system, I still think the rumble motors should be swapped, but that's up to Jay (or jhebbel) when or if he has the time and inclination to look at it. At least on my system, by default DS4Windows is sending heavy rumble calls to the light motor, and light rumble calls to the heavy motor.

Thanks, your fix worked, and yes you are correct. In both Jhebbel's and Jay's current versions the rumble is reversed. I had gone back to using Scarlet.Crush's wrapper for now but this fix worked thanks!
(10-14-2014, 03:40 AM)youturnjason Wrote: Also J2k have you looked into the left/right motor mappings? There was some discussion on the forums, electrobrains switched the motors in one of his earlier builds but the motor mappings were correct before this swap. An easy way to test it is by testing big/small motor in pcsx2 lilypad settings.

Not yet, I'll look into it later though, it seems pretty possible.
(10-14-2014, 10:27 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: I'm getting a Microsoft .NET Framework error every time I try to start the program in Windows 8.1 now. Here's a copy/paste:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ScpServer.ScpForm.Form_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at ScpServer.ScpForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I think I know what's causing it, I'll have a fix out soon.

(10-14-2014, 12:03 PM)Aleksandr Wrote: Great new website and thanks for all your work on this tool, Jay.

I'm not certain if it changes it for all games, but I'll try it and see what it does. Thanks for helping me out.
(10-14-2014, 08:22 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: Not yet, I'll look into it later though, it seems pretty possible.

I think I know what's causing it, I'll have a fix out soon.

I'm not certain if it changes it for all games, but I'll try it and see what it does. Thanks for helping me out.

Thanks for all your hard work. You're awesome. Laugh
Version 1.4.0.71
Rumble motors swapped to be correct
Bug fixes, including crashes and a small windows when minimized on Win7

Attached Files
.zip   DS4Windows - J2K (v1.4.0.71).zip (Size: 1,04 MB / Downloads: 508)
Hello, I am having the same issue I had with the old tool. Windows connects to devices for a few seconds then disconnects. It will connect via usb cable but once unplugged I get nothing. I've tried other tools and nothing will work with games that seem to require DS2. Trying to configure it for FFXI and the other programs the trigger buttons would not work. Thanks for any help.

Edit: Got it to connect. Was my stupid fault for not realize the bluetooth service box needed to be checked. Sorry about that.

Edit2: However, I am having the same issue. The back triggers will not register as buttons. They will either mess with the camera or nothing at all.
(10-14-2014, 09:21 PM)jburner Wrote: Hello, I am having the same issue I had with the old tool. Windows connects to devices for a few seconds then disconnects. It will connect via usb cable but once unplugged I get nothing. I've tried other tools and nothing will work with games that seem to require DS2. Trying to configure it for FFXI and the other programs the trigger buttons would not work. Thanks for any help.

Edit: Got it to connect. Was my stupid fault for not realize the bluetooth service box needed to be checked. Sorry about that.

Glad you got the first part figured out however
Quote:Trying to configure it for FFXI and the other programs the trigger buttons would not work.

Did you make sure to install the driver included in the tool? In the control panel under controllers, do you see a Xbox 360 controller?

EDIT: looks like FFXI uses Dinput, the ds4's native input, the mapping for that game may be a bit wonky, you might have to check "Hide DS4" in DS4W settings or remap the controller in game.
(10-14-2014, 09:34 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: Glad you got the first part figured out however

Did you make sure to install the driver included in the tool? In the control panel under controllers, do you see a Xbox 360 controller?

EDIT: looks like FFXI uses Dinput, the ds4's native input, the mapping for that game may be a bit wonky, you might have to check "Hide DS4" in DS4W settings or remap the controller in game.

Yes, I did install the drivers, however there is no controller under devices. Thank you for the tips.

Now it shows a wireless controller under devices but won't stay connected more than 5 seconds and shows "installing drivers" then disconnects.

When I hit the ps button it blinks white and windows says a device is trying to connect bluetooth and click to allow. I click and hit next and then white light goes out and then I am told my system needs to restart. It has done the same thing 3 times in a row now. Also, after restarting, the controller is removed from devices list.
Jay, thanks for the help and trying to get this working. However, I am giving up. I have been trying to do this for almost 5 hours and am not any closer to connecting than I started. Thank you and goodluck with your program.
(10-14-2014, 09:55 PM)jburner Wrote: Yes, I did install the drivers, however there is no controller under devices. Thank you for the tips.

Now it shows a wireless controller under devices but won't stay connected more than 5 seconds and shows "installing drivers" then disconnects.

When I hit the ps button it blinks white and windows says a device is trying to connect bluetooth and click to allow. I click and hit next and then white light goes out and then I am told my system needs to restart. It has done the same thing 3 times in a row now. Also, after restarting, the controller is removed from devices list.

(10-14-2014, 10:17 PM)jburner Wrote: Jay, thanks for the help and trying to get this working. However, I am giving up. I have been trying to do this for almost 5 hours and am not any closer to connecting than I started. Thank you and goodluck with your program.

I'd hate for it not to work at all, it sounds like it might be a bad bluetooth adapter. Without DS4Windows running, try connecting the controller through bluetooth, if it fails to connect fully then yeah it's a faulty bluetooth. Keep in mind though if that does work it might be that the bluetooth you have doesn't use windows' default bluetooth stack and thus won't work with DS4windows.